Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pot makes me depressed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mooo, Mar 20, 2009.

1. I've been smoking for 3 weeks almost daily

Lately, I find that when I dont, depressing thoughts always make it into my head when I dont smoke.

Anyone experience this before? How do I proceed?

Thank you

2. #2 Tee 8sh See, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    Well you just started smoking and are already going daily. That could be one.

You might just need a T-break.

Maybe the depression isn't contributed to the marijuana at all, but just things going on in your life at the moment.

3. That happens to me when I'm coming down.

4. happened to me. Stop smoking so continuously. Smoke like once a week or every other, if at all, or be a daily toker.

5. Yeah don't smoke so much if you're just starting out...

6. ive never had depressing thoughts from weed. u prolly jus 2 new 2 be smokin daily.

7. he is saying he has depressing thoughts wen he cant smoke.
    and yeah i feel like that all the time wen i run out, like right now...im fukin pissed cuz i cant get a damb sack........................................................FUCK!:mad:

8. Dont smoke alone so often
    Clear what ever in your life thats making you depressed

9. Ok what is going on in your sig? i NEED to know lol

I definitely feel a little bummed when I'm out and could go for a toke. I'm pretty new too and it helps to not go overboard. Trying to skip a few days here and there, you end up enjoying the times you do smoke alot more. Also like splooj said, save the smoke for when you're with other people...you enjoy the high more, and you wont be smoking as often.

10. it looks like it is a scene from that jesus camp movie, (hence the raptor- raptor jesus lol) and the light effects added in...

im probly wrong lol sooooo hiiigh :smoking:

11. #11 Schizo-Manic, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    It's not the weed, try fasting for 3 days no food only water/juice, it not only clears your mind, but it also alleviates depression. Smoking in moderation is the key, control your mind control your pain. Get out and exercise you need to produce more endorphins, the feel good symptoms.

12. um yea man it brings you up and drops you down sometimes it depends on how hard you hit the pipe, bong, joint when you smoke light you sometimes dont get that big of a come down but look at it like a hangover dont smoke to much :cool: and yea i used to get that feeling of depression sucks use it at a moderate way

13. man you need to slow down, simple as that. and don't feel bad about being sober, just remember the fun you had, always brings a smile to my face.

14. where is your god now?! Whoo

15. Really? Pot makes me less depressed.

16. +rep for the How I Met Your Mother quote in your sig

17. +1 for the "take a break" crew.

Maybe you're down because you're paranoid it owns your life now? Made me chuckle a bit if you've only been with MJ for a few weeks, but you need to lighten off the bud so you can stop blaming it.

That being said, if you have a history of depression (just saying, if...) you may want to see a doctor, and not Dr Green.

18. This exact thing is happening to me also. I was smoking daily for three weeks and I would feel kinda depressed until I would toke up at night like 2 hours before bead, but I felt that I shouldn't smoke that much because I was starting to get forgetful in school so decided Im only going to smoke on the weekend maby some fridays and have exeptions for spring break and stuff like that. And last night was my first nigh not smoking and I really wanted to but just got threw it. And the next day I felt great and now Its feels really easy to not smoke and this is just my secend night. Im still ganna smoke but not on the weekdays and only with friend because thats always the best!

19. You just went from 0-60 in under a second. Slow down, don't smoke that much so quickly.

There's nothing really wrong with smoking that much, but obviously your body/mind is having some difficulty adjusting to the new lifestyle.

Remember, there's no rush, weed isn't going to run out any time soon. :)