Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pot hurts your eyes?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by supershwa, Aug 17, 2012.

1. I saw another post here at http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/130625-why-do-my-eyes-hurt.html

This is in regards to "why does smoking marijuana make my eyes hurt?"

I've had this problem on many occasions. From experience and education from the wonderful world of dispensaries, I've learned that pot can sometimes cause your eyes to hurt (not for all users).

For starters, mine is a desk job -- I stare at a computer screen often, so I know this contributes to the pain in my eyes when I puff.

Second, I've noticed that the really strong Sativa strains (90/10s) affect my eyes the most. Sativas are my favorite as they produce a more "uppity" high and keep me productive, however the most potent seem to cause eye strain/pain, possibly due to raised blood pressure including wearing glasses and staring at computer screens.

I don't have this problem when sober -- only when I smoke (or a day after smoking).

High-end Indicas don't seem to bother my eyes at all, but make me more drowsy and lazy. As a result, I've been smoking hybrids around 70i/30s or 60i/40s ratios.

Obviously you can't make this kind of request unless you have your MMJ or know a good supplier. :D

2. I notice some light sensitivity after taking a massive rip. Just gotta close my eyes or look down for a few seconds. I have a feeling that is from oxygen deprivation. Hmm, probably not healthy. lol

3. same thing happens to me its like the smoke burns ur eyes

4. I swear by these Systane Ultra eye drops. Not cooling eyes drops and won't take away all the redness, but is like some type of magical super lube for your eyeballs and helps reduce redness to a natural level.

5. Systane works well...I like Refresh Optive drops too. I carry a little bottle everywhere because I wear contacts & having dry eye sucks!

6. [quote name='"PCjabber"']

Systane works well...I like Refresh Optive drops too. I carry a little bottle everywhere because I wear contacts & having dry eye sucks![/quote]

Yea. Was just about to say that I have contacts too, I always wear glasses when I'm high now, but I used to always have my contacts in when I was high and it stings like motherfucking hell sometimes when I have contacts in. Also my eyes always get twice as red as everyone else's so everyone thinks I'm super fucking baked unless I tell em I'm wearing them. They get even redder when I take them out while high though.

7. I have noticed some pain in my eyes while smoking before, it can be a pain in the ass.

8. [quote name='"24karrotts"']

Yea. Was just about to say that I have contacts too, I always wear glasses when I'm high now, but I used to always have my contacts in when I was high and it stings like motherfucking hell sometimes when I have contacts in. Also my eyes always get twice as red as everyone else's so everyone thinks I'm super fucking baked unless I tell em I'm wearing them. They get even redder when I take them out while high though.[/quote]

Same with me i keep mine in all day and when i smoke i just close my eyes when ever i pull so it wont irritate them. But as far as red eyes ive never really had that problem with most strains.

9. My eyes feel fine. Just low.

10. Cannabis doesn't raise my blood pressure, quite the opposite, it helps to lower it.

11. No? What? And yea what graybeard said^.

12. I get a lazy left eye when I smoke to much and it makes me paranoid it only happens when I smoke.

Also I done something to my left eye whilst lifting weights last year to much pressure or something and it seems to exaggerate that when I smoke but hey ho.

13. Well I have noticed that my eyes are quite sensitive to light and it is hard for me to see anything without sunglasses when I'm outside. And that can hurt. Also u may just be straining your eyes a lot and when u smoke u notice the pain more.

Generally marijuana is good for the eyes. It lowers blood pressure (hence the red eyes) and lowers intraoccular pressure within the eye which is why it is good for glaucoma.