Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

pot-head, or stoner?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jimboob, Feb 16, 2009.

1. your on to something here- but me personally have always thought of potheads as the mellow ones and the stoners as the ones lacking motivation-now a days since im on probation i would have to consider myself a pothead in recovery lol:smoke:

2. There is a difference but I think of a stoner and pot head opposite of what you do

3. gotta say this guy's got it right. + rep

4. me too. i would still rather be called stoner over pot-head though, i think that throughout time the word has turned into a negative term, and some people try to insult us by using it :smoke:

5. Don't label people to begin with?

6. I totally agree with this

+ rep

7. I call myself both

8. Cannabis Connoisseur :hello:

9. It is really a matter of personal preference. In reality I suppose they are the same thing. But, to me, a pot head is to remove oneself from the lifestyle, usually used by anti pot peoples. And a stoner, is well people who smoke, but keep there shit together. ie. a productive member of society.

Just my 3 cents. Yes, I have one more cent than you.

Happy Toking.:smoking:

10. Yeah, I think they are offensive, but there is a line between smoking alot and constantally bieng F'd up

At my school I could be considered a stoner because such few people blaze, personally I can go to school high and do all my work and do it well, my sophmore year I went retarded everyday, did well and didn't get caught so, its all good

Toker is a good one, smoker, or just don't label at all haha

11. Op's description sounds about right to me. Pot head is more often a derogatory term.

12. i hate labels.

13. They're both pretty stupid anyway, the only people I've met who called themselves stoners or pot-heads were twats, personally I prefer to keep my drug habits private (aside from here obviously).

14. #34 EmericanStoner, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    Haha so are you saying not even one or two other people know that you smoke? (Besides the community of course.) :p :smoke:

I think OPs description was good thats pretty much how I would consider it. Although when people around here call you a stoner they usually mean youre also really lazy.
    EDIT: forgot a part

15. I like the word stoner it has more of a positive connotation. A stoner can definitely be someone who smokes in moderation. I think if you drink from time to time you are a drinker. If you get stoned time to time you are a stoner (smoker doesn't really work). If you are drunk all the time you are a drunk. If you smoke pot all the time you are a pot-head.

16. [​IMG]

17. Yea, Toker is probably the closest thing to a label I like.
    Hence my name, and how I end ever post I type.

Happy Toking.:smoke:

18. All my friends know that I smoke but I would never ever say that I was a stoner to anyone, when people I don't know ask about drugs I play dumb. I just think whoever brags about that kindof thing or labels themself a 'stoner'/whatever is a ridiculous human being, it's like saying 'everyone look at how cool I am, I take drugs'.

19. I've been called a pothead before, I've also been called a stoner, but i didn't like either one bit.

I personally believe that weed is a hobby for me which I'm in total control of, and the derogatory terms such as pothead and stoner come from the ignorant.

I take pride in weed, so screw dem haterzzzz :bongin:

20. First off, I hate when people refer to it as pot. Calling it pot is like calling a woman the c*** word. It's derogative and unecessary. I think names like marijuana and weed(although not really) and bud are best. No, I don't like the names stoner or pothead either as they make a mockery of enjoying a fine pipe.