Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pot friendly schools

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by greenbliss, Aug 8, 2009.

1. #1 greenbliss, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
    So I was just wondering which schools have the biggest reputation for weed. One reason im asking is that the college I have already applied to apparently has a HUGE reputation for it and I didnt even know when I decided to go:D. I dont want to bias the responses by saying where I am going until later, and I am also interested in what schools are on top. So what do you think the schools are? Also, when you go on urban dictionary and type in the name of the school you get tags like weed, pot, and marijuana, and often times there is an anti drug banner ad to the right (LOL) and at the school there was a big sign that was at several places throughout the school with the words "be the life of the party," with life in bold and red. Then it said if you have been at a party with drinking or illegal drugs call 911 immediately if anyone experiences the following sypmtoms, and things like vomiting, flush face, unconsciousness, etc.:laughing:

2. more than likely, all of your schools would be in socal :D

3. i would imagine any school in cali is going to have tons of weed readily available. i would be surprised if high times hasn't ever made a list like this.

4. I dont subscribe but one of my friends does and I read it sometimes when Im there, and I think they are actually supposed to come out with a list like that in the upcoming issue, but i was curious what others opinoins were.

5. Oberlin College in Ohio is pretty lax.. so is Evergreen. I'll tell you where they aren't lax... My old school Kenyon College. It used to be a chill school then it started making headlines for academics. It's now rated the number one school in all of Ohio... I think the admins started cracking down for this reason.

6. university of colorado boulder... def one of the best places for that but i woudnt center my decision of something that important around how pot friendly they are but on 420 every1 camps out there and smokes...pretty awesome and CO has pretty good bud and its decriminalized

7. Every time I see a thread like this it makes me do the following:

[​IMG]

Who the fuck cares whether a school has a good 'rep' for pot or not? EVERY school has it around. At least the OP picked a school without using this as criteria. When I see people post shit like 'I want to pick a school based on where the good weed is' I do a double facepalm. This thread is only worth a single one.

8. ^^^^^^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHA that shit is funny^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

9. I go to Evergreen in Olympia, WA and it's hella weed friendly. It's also surrounded by woods so a lot of kids like to toke up and go on forest adventures. There's also a trail to the beach which is also pretty sweet. :hello:

10. DO NOT base your choice of higher education on marijuana alone. If you go to a shitty school just to smoke weed, you are going to get a shitty degree and you will have wasted both your money and time on a piece of paper that the real world isn't going to take seriously. If it's a college campus (or even a community college) you are going to be able to find weed without much of a problem no matter what location it may be in. Go to a school that is known for having good programs you are interested in, not just munchies 101 if you catch my drift.

11. This is a super duper long shot but do you know a kid named Karl who transferred from Kenyon in Ohio?

12. I don't think this is about picking a school based on its marijuana availability/tolerance but rather which schools out there have a larger than normal reputation for being pro-weed and open about it...

like Boulder, CO; 420 there is amazing, a full page picture of a guy this guy lighting up his spoon was in their school paper or a local one at least, it was tight. the weed there is dannnnk too, i was never not high when i stayed in boulder w/ friend for 2 days. We woke up @ 8am and did wake n bake and probably smoked a bowl between 3-6 people all day, every hour or two really it was amazzzing. hahah.

13. i went to a huuuge high school that was super competitive, we were hardcore trained on college information.

soooo. i go to RISD, brown's neighboring school, and at brown, they are soooo lax it's insane. i've sat outside their freshman dorms (which have a bar?) and passed bowls. they had the flaming lips play on 420 2 years ago. they had this giant sculpture built out of twigs that you could walk inside that was basically built for kids to smoke in.

hampshire college is great too, for weed. they grow their own there, i'm pretty sure. they like to help the local economy. they also don't have grades. it sounds like a bullshit curriculum but they're actually pretty good and you need to be very self driven to go there.

NYU is great for weed. just walk around their campus and people are standing outside smoking joints.

university of vermont is big on weed.

actually the university of maryland is the most weed proactive school in the country. my sister went there and i guess it's very accessable and cheap. but in general, state schools are not the best for weed, because they have real police instead of just campus public safety. so if you get in trouble, you get in trouble with the state, not just your university.

14. in the northeast, most schools in boston are very pot friendly, it helps open the mind haha.

also UVM is a popular stoner school

15. oh yeah. and they just decriminalized it in massachusetts this spring.

16. That doesn't mean anything for school policy. It's been decriminalized in Ohio but that didn't do shit for me... still ended up the subject of a massive task force investigation and having to withdraw from school.

17. High Times once named UCSC (University of California Santa Cruz) as Most Stoned Campus on Earth.

Every year in their meadow a legendary 4/20 session goes down. I am in that crowd somewhere wearing a big ADIDAS - Like CANNABIS shirt.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SCkrISIjT0]YouTube - 420 SANTA CRUZ 2008[/ame]

18. Uh oh... time to transfer... ;)

19. IU - indianan University is legendary for cannabis and boozing. Its in playboy's top ten party schools nearly every year. Girls there are amazing too!

20. Evergreen is a pretty small school but naw I've never met anyone named Karl from Ohio. Maybe I will in the future? Haha.