Pot for pets?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by marijaymade, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Veterinarians want freedom to recommend like medical doctors. Unlike medical doctors in California, veterinarians are prohibited under state law from discussing cannabis as a treatment option for pets. A bill
    recently proposed by Assembly member Ash Kalra, D-San Jose. AB 2215 would have the state Veterinary Medical Board come up with guidelines for discussing marijuana treatment and “protect state-licensed veterinarians from disciplinary action for discussing the use of cannabis on animal patient clients.” The bill is sponsored by the California Veterinary Medical Association.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marijuana is toxic for dogs and cats. The threat is quite severe.

I've heard of instances of non-psychoactive tinctures being administered to dogs with various ailments. Seizures, in particular, Regardless, it still has many other side effects from what is known today.

There simply isn't ample evidence to ensure safety and efficacy for pets. That's not to say that the evidence is not out there. The government is suppressing research on cannabis, and blocking the dissemination of information.

We have a drug epidemic. But it's not from cannabis. Yet all we hear is this war on marijuana, when people are dying in shocking numbers all across the nation from government and FDA approved pharmaceuticals. It's mind boggling and utterly disappointing to think of the potential for a boom in scientific discovery with cannabis.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Pot for pets? Most dogs I met seemed pretty stoned already they don't need anymore

4. Medical marijuana denier much?

5. Can Marijuana Kill Your Dog?
    Not very severe at all.
    If your 2 pound Chihuahua eats 2 pounds of really high strength butter maybe.
    Page won't let me copy but 3000mg/kg in dogs and monkeys is not lethal.
    3 grams per 2 pounds of body weight is a MASSIVE DOSE.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Discussion of Dosing
    Pets or Children is technically against site rules so the Moderators may close this anyhow.
    BNW

7. Did you just give an example of an animal ingesting their entire body weight?

You clearly didn’t read my post. I didn’t say there is not evidence for marijuana use for pets but that there is not ENOUGH evidence.

The same amount can hugely affect breeds differently. This is starting to derail OP’s original intent of this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. They have this for cats, it's called cat nip. haha. I love cats

9. Your Cat? LOL
    cat 3.gif cat1.gif cat.jpg