Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pot for Mom

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BigMacHeadies, Aug 4, 2007.

1. My mom recently broke 3 ribs in her back because tripped over our cat and fell into her bedpost. The doctor has prescribed her perks.. and now vikes, which still dont ease her pain. I've never seen her in such pain ever in my life.

She used to be a hippie so shes no newcomer to pot. I was wondering if I should ask my mom if I should get her some to ease her pain? Lemme hear what you guys think.

2. I honestly dont think your mom would be the first one to smoke pot to ease pain.
    If those meds dont help tho she must be pretty roughed up, im smokin a bong for her right now.

When walking down stairs my cat runs infront of me and beats me down the stairs everytime. I can see how your mom tripped over your cat. Is the cat still around?? you should let it sit on the end of your moms bed while shes getting better :hello: the cat might get in the way alot, but it will keep you company if it fucks you up

3. yah hes a sweet, chill cat.. she just tripped over him while going to the bathroom at like 2 am.. it happens

im just wondering if i should ask her if she wants some, im only 18 and i havent really had any real serious conversations about weed with my mom

4. saying shes an old hippie and not a newcomer to pot would make me feel ok bringing it up, but if you havnt really ever brought it up before maybe you shouldnt, its kinda like spilling the beans you know?

5. well shes caught me stoned, found my pieces and bags and everything, we just never really talked about it

6. you could always leave her pre rolled j'z. thats what i do :)

7. Well research has shown that Marijuana will enhance the effects of any pain killers that are commonly used while lowering the dosage needed to have the same effect on the pain. I would defenately try it. Might help her not get addicted to them as much either if she doesnt have to take as many.

8. What you should do is go "mom, I went to get your prescription" and hand her a pill bottle with a joint or two in it.

9. You should do it like that in a pill container, leave a note jus saying your trying to help out, I'm sure she wouldn't be too mad after all she used to smoke pot...and all your trying to do is help, the worst that could happen is she doesn't take it, its defintley worth it though to at least try.

10. I smell BS here. Your doctor prescribed oxycodone BEFORE hydrocodone? If she went back and already had a script for oxy, the doc wouldn't put her on something weaker -.-

Anyway, if you're not full of shit, cannabis isn't a better pain killer than fucking opiates. If oxycodone can't kill the pain, a few bong tokes sure as hell won't do the trick. It'll inhibit the same enzymes that the opiates do which will just intensify the oxy she's on right now but cimetidine (tagamet) will do that too. Look up opiate potentiation or some shit if you honestly want to help her (watch out for OD, just use common sense)

If you just want to get high with her, this could be a decent opportunity but weed isn't a better pain killer than oxy.

11. Its not better but its different. They both work on completely different pain pathways. And pot doesn't inhibit any "enzymes" related to pain, I dont know where you got that from. Opiates work on the Cerebrum and medulla in the brain and block pain signals from being registered by the brain (HS biology explanation since thats obviously what your understanding of biochemistry is). The Cannabinoids work with inflammation and pain in a completely different way.

I would take about half a dose of the Vicodin and slowly smoke some pot to get to a good level. Too much might make her feel sick but it wont do any long term damage. If that doesn't work try the same with the Percoset.

12. No, you want to get her to not feel pain, get her some ketamine... that will dull anything.

13. definately. f she is in enough pain, she will pretty much be downor everything. the wors thing shecould do is be mad for a little while, but wouldn't it be nicto smoke a j with your mom.

When my grandad died, my mom came to me for herb. she knows whats down.

14. I left my mom 2 pre-rolled j's with a pill bottle on the 6th. My sister said she left them there because I didnt how my mom would react. My sister called me last night and said that our mom smoked one of them. She said it dulled the pain a little bit but not much, and it helped her to sleep better that night, like she didnt have to get up during the night because of the back pain.

15. Oh and I just wanna thank Primary Lotus and Goliath Toker for the great idea... thanks guys!! +rep

16. perks are oxycocette not oxycodone, and for somthing a simple as a few broken ribs, a doc ain't about to risk an popiate addiction. i understand there are opiates in Oxycocette but not near as much.

Further more i think you should definatly at least try to help her with some green gooodness, so long as it won't get her pissed at you. If shes mad her pain will seem more severe.

17. Yah i gave her 2 prerolled j's in a pill bottle. My sister(who is 28) told her that she put it there because I(18) didnt know how she would react. She smoked one j and it helped ease her pain a little bit, but it helped her sleep through the night without waking up with back pain, which she hasnt done in like a week or so.
    So, overall i'm pretty happy I gave my mom some of nature's best medicine.

and to clear some stuff up the doctor first prescribed perkisset(sp?) and then vicodin at a slightly higher mg dosage.. because they helped her sleep a little better

Also, i failed to mention she broke 3 ribs 3 years ago including these two, so its like worse than breaking them for the first time.

18. Percocets are acetaminophen and oxycodone. :) What is "oxycocette?" I have never heard of that one...