pot change

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sycksnapper, Mar 23, 2010.

1. I am changing my plants into bigger pots i was wondering what should i do remove all the soil from the pot it is in or should i just put it in a new pot with all the old soil and add more soil.. if you understand what i mean let me know what 2 do
    :wave:

2. pots = containers

ok, so add new soil into the bottom of bigger container, and put the plant in there and put some new soil on the sides and top a little bit and water it good and leave it be... don't man handle it.

3. Your plant will come out with its rootball, you shouldnt try to break the soil away from the roots or anything close to that area, i find letting the plant get fairly dry before transplanting will ensure an easy transplant. If you let the plant get fairly dry, the soil around the roots will shrink and make this process much easier. Take the plant out of its smaller container, and fill the larger container with soil, enough to bring the previous smaller rootmass upt to about 3" shy of the top of the new larger container, fill around the sides with new soil, and water.
    Your plants will thank you shortley.
    I tryed to explain this the best i could in shortest detail possable.