Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pot causes oily skin?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tinkerbell26, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Ok i normally have dry skin. I notice that when i start to regularly smoking marijuana my skin becomes oilier. Is this normal? Does this happen to anyone else?

2. Are you by any chance black?

3. I lol'd, Twice.

4. I dont think it does, before i started smoking my skin was oily and kind of red. Now it is not as oily and hardly red at all. Im almost sure its the weed because when i stop smoking for a week or so my skin starts to get oily and kind of red again. So pretty much weed = clear skin. Well atleast for me lol.

5. QFT

I used to have to use acne control or else my face would break out BAD. Now, the only acne control I use is cannabis.:hello:

6. I never even thought of this, but for the past year and a half I've been smoking I've probably had less than 20 pimples when I used to get one a week if not more.

Of course it could also be that I'm just getting older.

7. I've only gotten one pimple since i started smoking a few months ago...That's pretty good for me.

8. What does me being black have to do with oily skin LMAOOOOOOO?

9. I was just asking because I have two black friends that say their skin gets oily from smoking but I've never heard it from white people.

10. If you are consuming mass quantities of junk food while high it could contribute to oily skin.

11. This is probably the answer. I'm eating doritos as I write this :cool:

12. Yeah that could be it
    I'm pretty sure weed itself can't cause oily skin. Like. Where are the oils in smoke?

13. when i smoked every day i normally had a bit of acne, but it seems like i had less. maybe it was because i was always high, but now i have proactiv so whatever :devious:

14. you know thats really interesting...hmmmm

Have you heard it from any of your friends who are asian,hispanic,ect ect ect ir just your black friends?

I guess i should say oilier(sp?) lol bc it not so oily that i have break outs i actually like it bc i dont have to use as much facial moisturizer and i dont have to use my moisture mask as much. Im glad you pointed that out i shall rep you for that sir :).

Sorry if i snapped earlier i just thought you were gonna say something rude or sterotyping....there seems to be a lot of it here lol. So sorry i kinda snapped earlier :D.

15. The same thing for me. IT might be that some people get oily skin and some don't get oily skin and you and me might the certain group would get oily skin.