pot cannot be sold in my state

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by mpulse, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Ok so in nevada its a grow ONLY state. So if I was to harvest a 5 oz crop let's say. Legaly I can only have 1. So let's say I decide to give 1 to a friend. And a friend says hey here $50 TOWARDS BUYING SUPPLYS. Even though the money would be used to buy more garden supplys and what not.. but at that exact moment I would be breaking the law...

So it occured to me... so I'm within legal guidelines. Couldn't I tell me friends that I share with, to go buy some nutes or a fan etc. In trade? Would that make it legal?

I know it sound ridiclous and all. And I mean who's to say my buddy gave me $ or not. But it was somthing I just thought about and wanted to see what others thought....

Puff puff

Edit: I just want you to know I'm not trying to sell. But if I give my buddies some I'm sure sombody is gonna want to help with the next crop or the current one....

2. Me: Hello stranger, how would you like to have sexual intercourse with me for free?
    Woman: Sure thing!
    Me: Ok great, here's $50 for cab fare home after.

See how that doesn't work?

3. But what if it were a cabfair gift cert?

4. Nothing of monetary value can be transferred. Maybe if this guy really trusts you, he can front you all the money.

For example, he gives you $1000 as a "gift", and then you give him $1000 worth of weed over the span of the next few months.

It's still technically breaking the law, but it'd be pretty easy to defend in court. You can make up thousands of bullshit reasons why your buddy gave you $1000.

The only problem is getting him to agree. And you probably wouldn't be able to do it more than once.

5. what state don't know wont hurt :devious:

6. i wanna say all distribution is considered illegal whether money is involved or not but im not 100% positive on that.

7. So even as a gift its illegal then?

8. ummm the state doesnt watch your crop?
    Just be verrrryy subtle about it.

9. The laws are utter shit in our state, it's best to just stay as far away from any sort of conflict regarding it as a whole. He's your friend, make the transaction based off of what you want, not what the law allows. No one will know unless your friend is a grade-A ass hat.

10. Im with ya! But im just thinking around the law. Like I wonder if bartering for supplies or something would be like still legal or how they expect us to be legaly doing anything with weed etc...

11. Where do you get the idea that you can legally grow? Are you (and your friend) a medical patient? If so than you could use that as a defense, otherwise cultivation or distribution is punisable by 1-6 years and a 20,000 fine.

Nevada Marijuana Penalties - NORML

12. yeah im totally a patient.... Nevada is a 100% grow your own state only...

13. 50 dollars is a sure thing for stds man... it only works after atleast 100.