pot and working out

Discussion in 'General' started by inspiron, Feb 20, 2007.

1. ok i just started workin out...but i also smoke pot...i heard that smoking pot can limit your muscle growth so im just wastin my time working out...is this true?? or not?? plz post asnwers from a trusted source.

2. This question would probably be better asked in a bodybuilding or fitness forum rather than a forum full of stoners.

3. ur fine.. and no ur time spent in the gym is not going to be wasted. For me i love gettin high when i got to work out... its perfect if u get a nice strong sativa (head high) feel real good n motivated... i try to not use indicas while workin out cuz some of the ones i get are just a straight knock u out on ur ass for 4 hours type of highs.

but your fine to blaze and work out.. it isnt going to NOT make u build muscle or definition

4. Ive been working out and smokin herb for years.

Shiet arnold used to smoke when he was a young body builder.

5. pot actually vaporizes muscle tissue.

6. John Maltese (not his real name) was one of the premier bodybuilders of the mid-to-late 1960s. Although he did use drugs, such as anabolic steroids, to win many of his titles, later in his career he disavowed the use of most drugs with one notable exception. Maltese had a preworkout ritual that he claimed allowed him to train more intensely and concentrate more effectively throughout his training session.
    What was his secret? The enigmatic root of his preworkout ritual became evident one day in the back room of a popular Southern California bodybuilding gym. This particular gym had a sauna that was never used, located in the back of the men’s locker room. It was the perfect place to engage in surreptitious behavior. What Maltese couldn’t conceal, however, was the pungent marijuana fumes.

Maltese smoked marijuana in that room. And he didn’t just puff on one “joint,” or marijuana cigarette, either. No, Maltese regularly engaged in a marijuana trip, losing his thoughts in the wispy smoke that rose slowly toward the ceiling in his secret alcove. He would emerge after an hour or so and head directly to the gym floor, working out with no apparent ill effects. \t

Although marijuana is an illegal drug, many athletes, not just bodybuilders, regularly smoke “weed” as a means of relaxation and mind expansion. A long-held tenet of the drug culture is that marijuana emphasizes the mood you’re already in. Thus, if you feel good, you’ll feel even better after the intoxicating effects of THC, the active component of pot, does its job on your brain.

While marijuana has always had a relatively innocuous reputation compared to other mind drugs, such as cocaine and heroin, few people are aware of its true effects on the body. Entire volumes have been written documenting the physiological effects of marijuana, but many people are still confused.

http://www.illpumpyouup.com/articles/marijuana-and-bodybuilding.htm

• Like Like x 1
  7. ^^ Nice, +rep

8. a big ditto.

I personally would recommend smoking AFTER working out rather than before, but that's me.

I just started working out too! Good luck.:)

9. Smoking during is good for me because I lose track of time...

10. I would also toke up AFTER I work out just because you'll get a better high after you work out - at least that's what it does for me. I just started workin out as well and I already am seein results, good luck! :D

11. man I used to work out all last semester and haven't worked out since christmas and this thread totally made me just go lift weights again for the past hour and I'll have to deffffinately agree that after working out you get the best high. I'm so happily blazed right now..you got all those nice endorphins running around inside ya plus the satisfaction of knowing you just did somehting good for your body :smoking:

12. oh man that made me laugh

13. yeah, a good sative really makes workin out easier for me and also for some reason more rewarding. i am able to go to farther than my normal point of failure wich i enjoy also and can feel the burn but forget how many ive done so i just keep goin. never on a indica or like an hour after uve toked though,then it just sucks

14. I love to smoke before I word out. Once I did over 1000 crunches while just watching tv cause I got disrtacted by family guy and kind of forgot I was exercising lol.

15. i dunno if it effects it at all, but for me it never has made much of an impact to make me stop. i work out 5 days a week, and usually smoke 4-5 days a week. i never smoke before working out, as i do go a little weak from it, but after it really helps ease some soreness. also, i find that when im on supplements, my tolerance goes down for some reason. the only one i always take is l-glutamine. but im going on a CE2 NO2 stack pack for a month before my next fight. also in that stack pack are going to be some nice post-workout headies. so id say, keep workin out its really worth it, and blaze as a reward to a hard day in the gym.