Posts In The Wrong Damn Section

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Vicious, Mar 29, 2013.

1. I don't have to tell you guys the benefits of posting things in the right section, if everybody did it, slower boards would be populated and archiving/searching would be 100x easier.

Take a look at General, the fact that there is at least 6 active smoking threads, a video thread and "true stories" every day. Is there a lack of man power or has General became so lax that "This forum is for general conversations not related to the other forums. Can't find a place to post? This is it." no longer applies?

It's one thing if new users are doing it but when I see someone with more posts than me doing it, it's infuriating. New users see it and think it's okay. Sometimes I'll politely tell them they should know better or inform a new poster of the proper section but 9 times out of 10 I'm the bag guy and told to fuck off.

What do mods? Keep reporting these threads or what? Please address this problem. I remember before Q&A, WildWill was a killing machine when it came to keeping Apprentice threads out of Seasoned. There were times that 7/10 threads were closed because they did not belong. This is what General needs. Martial law.

2. ^^

they are really short handed on active mods. There's probably like 3 mods (if that) who login regularly and actually moderate when they are logged in. This board is way too busy for that.
    (not dissing the mods.. we all have lives etc and it is a volunteer thing..)
    they're adding some soon i think, which will really help.

but yeah in the meantime, i feel ya. It's painful looking at some of the content these days.

and i would say to continue reporting what you normally would. It does help them out for sure.

3. Can I reply to an old application ticket it to bump/renew it or should I resubmit a new one?

4. i donno..

IMO if it's an application since RMJL made her thread then i wouldn't resubmit.
    if it was before she made it, then i probably would resubmit a new one.
    the thread being the one she recently made about mods applying for a position.

thats just my .02 though..

5. Yeah...AFAIK, the ticket system was going to be used for applications initially but never was...it was changed to an account to PM...

IMO...I'd resubmit to via PM...you can find the address to apply to here...http://forum.grasscity.com/general-forum-feedback/1174205-would-you-like-part-grasscity-community-moderating-team.html

6. As the former mod mentioned above, lemme tell you it's a losing proposition trying to get people to post in the proper forum. It really is. There's so few mods and so many other posts that are far more important to moderate, that sadly most of the posts in the wrong forum will remain there. Sad but true.

You can certainly report them, and I'm sure a mod will look at them, but remember it's really not a high priority to move them.

7. wait till all the 4/20 threads start up..

8. I understand. Could you go more into what is high priority?

9. Vicious, please follow the link that IF provided and use the PM system for what you mentioned. :)

High priority at the moment has to do with the treatment of others. Attacks on fellow members, name-calling and issues of the sort are higher priority than moving threads. However, threads being posted in the wrong forums is still an issue. We definitely realize that.

I'm going to put out a request soon for members who want to help keep forums straight when it comes to content. They won't be moderating, per say, but they can help control content by moving threads and deleting threads. :)

10. Sounds like you're bringing the purple back...:cool:

11. I think that's where I'd be most helpful. Like Vicious, it infuriates me when I check the news forums everyday and they are full of stupid question threads totally unrelated to anything newsworthy. I know I submitted my interest in being a mod, but it's because I just want to help GC in any capacity. But in all fairness to anyone else who has asked to be a mod, I think I would be better suited for housekeeping (<---It's what we called it on another chat board site I used to frequent.) Just a thought. I respect all y'alls decision no matter what. :)

12. I like cats too! I am so glad I found a cat appreciation thread!

Oops. Posts in the wrong damn thread.