PostPavilion's Glassblowing Progression Thread

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by PostPavilion, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Been on the torch for about two weeks now, mostly on the weekends. Decided to start a thread to keep track of the things I can. I mostly work on a GTT Lynx but also have some other torches available in the shop. Here's a few of the things I've taken home so far:

Mushroom Pendant, not the best shaping but it has the best shroom I've done so far out of all the ones I've made:

[​IMG]

One hitter, real simple:

[​IMG]

My first spoon:

[​IMG]

My second spoon, I like it:

[​IMG]

My first marble that I managed to get in the kiln, made out of tubing, it's a beast:

[​IMG]

Just some hot hit wands and hash paddles, will be making tons of these:

[​IMG]

2 ft Steamroller, cracked near the bowl in the kiln but functions perfectly:

[​IMG]

More to come as I rage on the torch, stay tuned. Cheers!!

2. that marble is pretty awesome man, i like the colors that came out, and i really like your spoons for some first times. fuck yea man

subbed for sure

3. Nice, man! Looking forward to watching the progress :smoke:

4. looking good for just starting out :D

marble is neat looking, that steam roller probably fucks yo shit up aha, keep doing it homie

5. Had a productive night on the torch last night, made a bunch more wands, paddles, fucked around a lot and made a bad spoon that cracked in the kiln. Also made two pendants, one of them is missing but here's the other one, and a dabber I made:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers!

6. Awesome man it is great to see another blade taking their passion from work to home!
    I can only dream tht one day I can make my own glass pieces! props man

7. dat dabber..... i like it a lot, good work dawg

8. that dabber is very nice. i like to see 'your style' starting to come out into it some.

9. #10 PostPavilion, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
    First dot implosion pendant:

[​IMG]

First dish, fumed honeycomb by MattG, shaping by me:

[​IMG]

Also attempted my first sherlock the other night, got the bend in but blow tube cracked off when shaping the mouthpiece, have to get into the habit of garaging things in the kiln.

Cheers yall more to come much of it stays at the shop. :)

10. Lookin' good my man!

11. This stuff is awesome! Great work man, I love glass blowers!

12. Nice! always great to see more up and coming blowers

13. #14 PostPavilion, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
    Thanks everyone. Can't wait to hit the torch tonight.

14. Did a lot of leearing this weekend, here's some things, a pendant a made from tubing a few weeks ago and an implosion pendant with fuming and frit I made Friday night:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers!

15. That's so sick man I would buy a slide from you if you make any

16. Ive got to come see you blow some glass man.We can take some dabs aswell. Besides Mr.coolz what shops are good for pieces you dont see often?

Ziggys and upnsmoke are okay but Im looking for something else.I alwaus go to the mr.coolz on 39ththe and may.

17. #19 PostPavilion, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
    I blow in the back of --- in ---. Oklahoma's first boro shop and the pieces are straight heady, real artists yo'.

18. We are gonna have to meet up there one day and have a session man.Ill bring some hash.