Posting First Grow Progress So Far. (Sour Diesel)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lion Patriarch, May 27, 2014.

1. The biggest one was knocked down from the shelf and put out about a week and a half before the rest. That ones beasting now. It was also just super cropped for the first time.

Progress1.jpg

Progress2.jpg

Progress3.jpg

Progress4.jpg

Progress5.jpg

Progress6.jpg

Progress7.jpg

Progress8.jpg

Attached Files:

2. looking good bro I just finished an indoor lemon diesel grow very good stuff

3. your pics got progressively better.

in the first one, i was kinda meh and figured it was another thread of ppl posting their 2 week old plants! Then it got better and better and ended at your final and most awesome pics! They look meaty! keep it up and good luck

4. It won't let me properly post an update...weird... Added more pics that I took just now to the original post.

5. Pic taken today.

progress9.jpg

6. Pictures taken just now. 

July1.jpg

July2.jpg

July3.jpg

July4.jpg

7. @[member="Lion Patriarch"] have they started flowering yet?

look great brotha! Tell us more about what youre doing it, cuz your fucking killing it! I semi jealous! JK, but wouldnt mind hearing what you do...cuz your obv doing something right! haha

8. They are now flowering. I have a concern, though. I transplanted 2 plants into 30 gallon pots (2x size increase) 2 weeks before August. They all started flowering about a week before august, and now the ones I transplanted are not flowering like the rest. They are flowering more slowly. The first four pics are of the biggest plant, but flowers are similar on the others that were not transplanted.

Flower1.jpg

flower2.jpg

flower3.jpg

flower4.jpg

The following pics are of one of the 30 gallon pot transplanted plants with less developed flowers.

slowflower1.jpg

slowflower2.jpg

slowflower3.jpg

9. #10 NGP, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
    You're concerned that your outdoor plants aren't flowering as fast as you would like in late July, and that all of them aren't exactly at the same stage of flower :confused_2:  :confused:

You have grown before, right? Not all plants progress or finish the same..even if it's from the same seed stock or mother plant

10. Well considering this thread is in the ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS forum......maybe we can slow your roll?

Just cuz the dude has AMAZING plants doesnt mean hes not a total noob! I bet he's a little like me and has done PLENTY of research before this grow. With that being said, no matter how much research you think you do....it will never be enough to know what will come your way during your grow! Im actually there myself! My plants leaning on itself and dont know what to do....and ive logged LOTS of hours on these and the old overgrow forums.

I think the guy is right. I think you are OK, but im sure youll get more input. Maybe at worst the plants in a tiny recovery period from the transplant, since I have a feeling you did a good job of the transplant, and its slowing progress currently. Prolly just means more time on the back end when it comes harvest time. I think you are good....keep us posted!

11. #12 Lion Patriarch, Aug 2, 2014
    I was concerned about transplant shock so close to flower. I transplanted because I noticed roots were shooting out of the bottoms of two pots much more than the others so I figured I'd try putting those in 30 gallon pots to see if it'd make a difference in yield. I take it I did it far too late to actually gain any size, but yeah, my concern was trichome/bud growth with transplant stress. This is my first time growing. I don't know how transplant stress effects the flowering stage. I figure it's probably just a slowdown period, then back to normal, but being a first timer I wanted opinions from others. And yes.. I do tend to be a little pessimistic or paranoid about things. I'm a perfectionist.

12. If you read the title up there it says "First grow progress"

First grow meaning..first time growing.

13. Also...Any of you have any experience dealing with grasshoppers? What products work well?

14. #15 NGP, Aug 2, 2014

Not sure what's up your ass pal, but nothing I said is cause to 'slow my roll'....

Carry on...

OP, enjoy your plants. I'll stick with my original statement.

15. Plants look great man, I'm only about a week into my first grow do hopefully I have success like you are having.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. nothings up my ass...but nice way to flip it to make me the one being passive aggresively dickish ITT.

i even gave you credit in my post! LOL! i agreed with what you advised OP....so again....slow your roll maybe?

Disclaimer: 
    I started my saturday early and am 3 smith and forge deep.....only reason im passively aggresively dickishly responding. Have a good weekend eveyone! And OP......Im serioiusly jelly! we were neck-and-neck....and you passed me....like 2 months ago! great grow, and cant wait to see harvest pics! have you mentioned strains? will read OP AFTER i post this obv!lol

17. obviously the transplant shocked the two slow ones.... 

usually ~2 weeks or so to recover from a shock that doesnt kill...

18. #19 Lion Patriarch, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
    All flowering plants are Sour D, and I have two young Purple Trainwrecks. My current concern is PPMs in my water. I never considered that factor, and I just found out I'm getting 417 ppms in my water... so now I'm thinking about splitting my nute feedings. I.E, instead of feeding all 4-5 diff bloom nutes at once (once a week) I'm thinking about either doing two of them one day, then the rest in 2 days, or just feeding all nutes more diluted every other day. I'm seeing some burnt tips here and there and I figure it's due to the PPMs. Anyone have any experience lowering PPMs without spending over 300 on a filter? lol

19. #20 Lion Patriarch, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    I done goofed! I was tying down my last untied plant and I broke off a big branch entirely! Not a MAIN branch but its a big one with very good looking buds and crystals. I taped it back on, though I know I didn't put it on entirely flush... The pictures were taken about ten minutes after the damage. That's a good sign, yes? 

broken branch.jpg

broken branch 2.jpg

broken branch 3.jpg