Post your unpopular musical opinions.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Hagakure, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Yeah nothin personal just my opinion I respect people who like it I just can't dig

2. tbf heath ledger was pretty fucking good in the dark knight

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-PmQ3dFQvs]YouTube - Stump - Buffalo[/ame]

This is better than most music I hear on local radio stations.

4. The beatles, for however much they influenced rock, only have a couple good songs in my opinion.

I dont care much for bob marleys music.

Avenged sevenfold is one of the most underrated bands. and im not one of those fans who only likes their self titled and city of evil, my favorite albums are sounding the seventh and waking the fallen.

hardcore dancers look retarded and i hate them

lady gaga is talentless and completely unoriginal

anti flag sucks

whitechapel is dope

'rap' the way it is portrayed on the radio is not music. rappers that do not rely on high pitched beats and repeating choruses 40 times are the real music of that genre

thats it for now haha

5. Going through this thread, I really wish some people had the same love affair that I've had with the Beatles throughout the years. I used to generally feel the same about them as some of you - they weren't that good. But over some time after giving them a chance I never gave them before, I came to enjoy them nearly more than any other artist. Albums like A Hard Day's Night, The White Album and Abbey Road are literal perfection in my mind, from start to finish, and those do not even include half of their biggest hits. It's rare to ever find an entire album that I enjoy these days. I think that's what I appreciate most about them. They really are timeless to me.

Anyway, other opinions:

Hip-hop is dead.

As stated before, Nirvana is heavily overrated, but even fans seem to admit that at times. Cobain couldn't sing and they have some of the simplest songs in rock history. You can learn to play Come As You Are in less than a minute.

Amy Winehouse, for as fucked up as she is, could put something new out every year and I would be the first to buy it.

Gaga actually IS good for a pop artist. If you're into pop(which I'm not, per se). Gaga is spot on. I think a lot of people critisize her for her fashion and popularity and when you're judging music, it's really not about that at all.

Snoop Dogg is one of the most overrated rap artists of all time. Seriously. I even enjoy some old school Snoop, but about the time Eminem stepped on the scene, and Snoop started rapping alongside of him, you saw the gap between creativity and Snoop was left far in the dust.

6. 80's hair metal makes me want to kill something.

I dislike the Rolling Stones.

7. #107 yorkshirebunnin, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010

Correction, were gona look back on BROSTEP and laugh, dubstep from 2001 - 2006 was deep, melodic and extremely well produced, anybody whos ever listened to Digital Mystikz or Mala could never say that, it would be like saying that people would look back on King Tubby or Jah Shaka and laugh

Personally though, i will look back at the music of Excision and Datsik in 20 years pissing myself laughing.. but right now i look at it with extreme anger.. THANKS ALOT ALL YOU FUCKING BROSTEPPERS! :mad:

i'd rather listen to neil sedaka :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbad22CKlB4"]YouTube- Breakin' Up Is Hard To Do - Neil Sedaka[/ame]

8. I don't think I did one yet:

1. Buckethead is the guitar king, an amazing spectacle of wow
    2. The crowds at shows suck nowadays. Used to be a crowd would have some life, show some emotion, but now everybody just nods their heads to the beat. Are we all too stoned? Ha, no but we need to get our mojo back. Um :smoking:
    3. Aesop Rock, El P, Myka 9, Gift of Gab, and Del are the kings of hip-hop.
    4. Bands that have screaming vocalists, should drop the vocals and go instrumental (unless you're a shitty band, then just quit please); screaming is rarely done well
    5. Lady Ga is :mad: and her popularity really bugs me. I'm down with weird, but fuck that shit. Repetitive brainwash-y garbage with no lyrical content whatsoever. Didn't she copy Rihanna circa 2008/2009 anyway with the whole crazy weird schtick? It's all the same, and whether it's heading in the 'right direction as far as mainstream' goes, who cares... it still isn't good. :smoking:

9. i find it highly suspicious that every disney actress suddenly becomes a great singer when their show becomes popular

The Dirty Heads are as good as Sublime (Imo)

Dark Side of the Moon is way overrated (great album, but Floyd has better: Animals, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Wish You Were Here)

Guns N' Roses is absolutly amazing (but only from 1985-1993)

10. Actually, this is a very common opinion among floyd fans. and I also agree

11. Led Zeppelin are thieves....I don't think rap is music as much as rythmic poetry...I like rappers Devin The Dude, Afroman, Bone Thugs...mostly laid back stoner rappers...I still see rap as more poetry than anything.

12. i got a lot:

rap, is just not good. i wont listen to it, but the only rap i can respect is free styling, because the rapper has no practice

opeth, is the best band ever. always something new and exciting every album, and always willing to experiment. even if that alienates some of their fan base.

the beatles, have a couple good songs i can listen to whenever, but i can only really get into them when im in that "special" state of mind

nearly everything on the radio is complete and total garbage. slow, repetitive songs (any more than 3 choruses is too much, ex. gives you hell) most songs are about their girlfriend dumping them, or getting high, drunk, etc. i cant stand that, except some exceptions

stoner rap music that is all about smoking pot. i think it is disgraceful and only harming the "stoner" stereotype. i mean come on, if legalization was to actually happen, groups like the kottonmouth kings and wiz kaflia or whatever they are called need to go away. they show that all stoners want to do is smoke pot and thats it. (note, sublime is not included, as not all their songs are about pot, although some are)

now, this is just my opinion

13. Hummm
    lady gaga, rhianna, that stupid fuck empire states of mind song FUCK THAT SONG.

I could listen to eminem all day, but I also listen to shit like shpongle. ;D
    No one knows anyone on my ipod I prefer it that way :)

14. thats fine and all your opinion, there is a difference between poetry and rap

look up tupac poetry,,,he was a poet before he was a rapper, or wrote poems for that matter, i wouldn't go as fare as calling him a poet lmao

15. sublime sucks.
    slightly sloopid sucks worse.
    the greatful dead is gay.

there.

16. I agree with this one, Ive listened to them extensively due to being one of my sisters favorites and they just don't sound like anything special at all

17. Some video game soundtracks I consider good music....

18. Dark Side of the Moon is way overrated (great album, but Floyd has better: Animals, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Wish You Were Here)

Do you really think Pipers is better the Dark Side I agree with the other two especially Animals but Pipers is just another of many psychedelic albums

19. No Doubt is a good band, no homo. Tragic Kingdom is a good album.

20. I think Rob Zombie doesn't get enough credit. He's an amazing artist.