Post your unpopular musical opinions.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Hagakure, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Rock and hip-hop are slowly giving way for (and becoming part of) the electronic music genere, which will soon be mainstream.

2. Dave Matthews Band only has one good song...

listen to some un-popular DMB and don't worry about the frat boy stereotype
    :smoke:Caligulove:smoke:

3. Sadly I don't like Altered Bridge all that much, I will give you that the guitar is good though.

4. screamo is not a genre goddamn it! little wannabe goth kids "emo" made it up because they're depressed about living comfortably in the suburbs with parents that give them everything they want and they don't have to work for it.

and stop putting add-ons on good genres! for example, technical death metal is just death metal, its not a completely different genre! death metal is death metal, thrash is thrash, black metal will always be black metal and you can't change that, stop ruining my music you stupid fucking 12 year old prick.

the worst of all is comparing to bands in the same genre and saying one is "brutal death metal" of course its brutal! no fucking shit! every band has their own style but that doesn't mean they're all in different genres!

and anything with "core" at the end needs to be burned.

remember kiddies gore, not core.

5. Cause this vvv

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvIKQ30q5xU&feature=youtube_gdata]YouTube - Lil' Wayne ft Gucci Mane- We Be Steady Mobbin'[/ame]

sounds better than this vv

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL5cun2kQ6M&feature=youtube_gdata]YouTube - MF Doom - Dead Bent High Quality[/ame]

some underground stuff is great but alot is boring and preachy. I can't enjoy that like I can mainstream.

6. Rap is not music
    st anger is a good album not thier besy but still good

7. #67 midn1ght0ker, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010
    guys should listen to tori amos, also

8. not all southern rap sucks, some examples...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe155qs9Deg"]YouTube - Curren (feat. Trademark Da Skydiver) - J.E.T.S. (B.M.F. Freestyle)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lrVO3pPDP4"]YouTube - Jay Electronica - Exhibit C (Prod. Just Blaze) (CDQ)[/ame]

^^ all three are from Louisiana...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpdX14zmQtI"]YouTube - Big K.R.I.T. - Hometown Hero - Written and Produced by BIG K.R.I.T.[/ame]

he's from Mississippi..

9. lol, really dude? :confused:

I mean, I'm not a huge rap fan myself. I've definitely hated every "rap" song I've heard on the radio in the last 5 years and I'd for sure agree with you on that not being music.

But much of the underground stuff is really pretty great.

Aesop Rock is probably my favorite. Many of the other underground artists I can appreciate but I'm still kinda like "meh, not really my style". But Aesop's lyrics read like poetry and I think it's really awesome stuff.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK_cf1H3grc]YouTube - Aesop Rock - No City[/ame]

I don't know how anyone could say that's not music. :p

(Forgive me, Aesop fans, for posting one of his newer songs. I haven't listened to enough of the older stuff yet. ;))

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion. That's just my thoughts on it. :smoking:

10. 808s and Heartbreak is a great album. It's honestly my favorite Kanye album, next to Graduation.

U2 is the greatest band to ever grace the earth. This actually isn't that unpopular an opinion with a lot of people, but I do catch a lot of flak for liking them.

Eminem is overrated.

I am a big Nirvana fan, but I'll be the first to admit that the Pixies were a waaayyy better band by a huge margin. If they had the right look they would've been the ones on top of the musical world, not Nirvana.

Lil Wayne has a handful of OK songs, but I hate most of his shit.

11. So because one song in your opinion sounds better then another thats your reasoning o.0. Not even gonna comment on this.

now for mine.

I like mf doom, but operation doomsday really is nothing special at all. mm food is just so much better then it its not funny

also, I cant really stand aesop rocks voice (I realise hes great, I just cant stand it =/)

12. You are in the right thread. That certainly is an unpopular musical opinion.

13. Visual Albums are the next big thing.

14. Thanks, that helped dude.

For the record, though, there's so much underground with different styles, messages, etc. that I'm sure anyone could find something to enjoy. I'm listening to a ton of different underground cats right now and personally wouldn't say any of them bored me. Anyway, thanks again.

15. Billy Corgan is among the greatest songwriters ever.

Ozzy Osbourne gets WAY too much respect.

The Clash doesn't sound very punk to me.

I never hear anyone ever mention Alanis Morisette, but Jagged Little Pill was a fuckin enormous hit at its debut. Unfair, sez I.

16. I'm on your 'side' but I've come to understand and accept that many people listen to mainstream over underground because that sounds better to them. Maybe they've given underground a chance, maybe not (there's too much out there; most people haven't heard most of the good shit, even me) but that's where they feel comfortable. It wasn't supposed to be one song versus one song, but he was using those as his example. If he had put up a less boring MF DOOM song, or better yet, somebody else (no offense, but DOOM's delivery can be boring for sure) maybe the argument would be less clear. I gotta say, not all of underground is boring thats for sure.

Point 2, Aesop's voice. I'm a Californian and I never thought about Aesop's voice but it's just a New York thing probably. He grew so easily on me, and when you can really start putting together Aesop's puzzles, you're a fan.

17. electro is the best kind of music there is

im sure a decent amount of people on GC agree with me here...but in the majority of all of population electro isnt that popular...its fuckin awesome tho

18. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this made me LMAO, I should make this my sig

You pretty much just named the best and called them the worst, then named the worst and called them the best.

I wonder how u view life... everything the opposite of what it is cause of your ignorance and stupidity.

Do you fuck guys instead of girls cause girls are overrated too or sumthin?

Damn some people these days...

19. I don't think there could be a harder facepalm then this - rep, I came here trying to give pos rep but this makes me mad now instead of putting off my blunt you make me smoke it ahshsdvoisdhv why why why
    [​IMG]

20. I don't think it all sucks from the south, just the whole Lil Wayne group of them