Post your unpopular musical opinions.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Hagakure, Jul 31, 2010.

1. The Beatles are overrated. Not bad, just overrated.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. How about 'over-played'?

3. Pink Floyd are the greatest rock band of all time. No one has or will ever come close to what they achieved by joining technicality, emotion, musicianship and synchronicity in their music.

They have an extremely eclectic discography as well, from prog songs like “Time” or “Shine on You Crazy Diamond”, to heavy metal/proto-punk like “Nile Song” and “Careful with That Axe Eugene” to hard rock songs like “Young Lust”, to acid rock like “Lucifer Sam” and ballads like “Wish you were here” amongst other styles.

Also the subjective lyricism which can be interpreted in many different ways but is always deep and meaningful.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Plus listening to them high is kick-ass

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Absolutely, Pink Floyd enhances your high even more than eating a mango does. Nothing like taking a huge bong hit, or smoking a good bit of a full weed joint and listening to some Floyd.

6. Guns n' Roses and Nirvana too in my opinion. Plus they're overplayed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Damn right, even with a tolerance once Pink Floyd or David Bowie comes on I'm baked off my ass no matter how many hits I've taken.

• Winner Winner x 1

8. Where did the Strawbs fit into that history?

9. The Exploited are okay but they're overrated.

10. The opposite, I'd say, few people know them. Just punks and thrashers. I like them, they practically invented crossover thrash.

11. All Metal outside like Pantera, Prong, White Zombie and that whole 88-96 era just sorta sucks to me......and I hate nearly all hip hop produced after the year 2002

12. I cannot comprehend how people like nu "metal", bands like Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit

13. Ya man, fuck that gay ass song. Literally any song is better than that dumpster fire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. i liked them when i was like 14...before i discovered real metal. how people still listen to that shit in their 20's and beyond because they never expanded their taste in the genre is baffling to me.

15. Justin Bieber doesn't suck as much as he used to. At least he's trying to be a poser Artist vs that Teen boppy shit he used to spew.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Geddy Lee should have never been near a microphone.

17. "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny." - Frank Zappa

18. I hate rap.

j

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. #5039 GorillaGherkin, Jun 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Prob cus ur old and close minded. there’s lots of positive rap but based off of some of ur post on GC I’m assuming it has more to do with the artist skin color and not the music itself. Here’s a white rapper that sings bout positive shit lyrics r posted in video for ya Incase he talk to fast for ur mental capacity.