Post Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'General' started by RVD420RVD, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Experience is really the best way to figure out what you want to do. Doesn't mean that it's required though to really figure things out, but it could certainly help lead you in the right direction

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Does anyone know how to do a background check on someone? There are services online but they don't tell important stuff. They tell some past jobs and who their relatives are I need to know a lot more than that to find out if someone is lying to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. First - give away the cartridges! Don’t toss them! Lol

2nd - good luck with this! You just may find it easier than you thought once you get into it and start seeing progress. Your energy levels will absolutely go up. Keep your eye on the big picture.

J

4. I need to rest in a few days to recover my thoughts & my body :volcano:

5. coffee and cannabis time

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well I didn't go into it lol, but I don't have much wax, maybe like 0.2g. But I have lots of empty cartridges, and just buy syringes of wax to refill the cartridges I already have. So its basically half the price for a gram. So that's what I meant by tossing them, because if I don't have any, I'm not going to go into a dispensary and pay 60 bucks for a gram. It'll make me less likely to break down and go to the dispensary if I know I need to spend an extra 30 bucks if that makes sense.

I appreciate the advice and words of wisdom bud. I know its all true, and that I just need to focus on the future, which won't change unless I'm changing the present. I've already been hearing echoes of a quote I kept hearing one night. I was piecing together my perception of reality and watching the season of Maron where he goes to a substance abuse center. and the quote kept coming up, and meant so much to me at the time. "You just have to make the next right decision". For me, I'm going to be bringing up that quote to myself a lot for the next stage of my life here. And certainly listening to plenty of Dead songs to help take me away to my happy place.

• Like Like x 1
  7. you'll never know anything for sure if you don't try it. People start & quit jobs all the time.

Please don't get too hung up on doing everything the right way, the first time...life will be so difficult.

Do what feels right to you, I think you've already made your decision..it's just scary to deter from what is expected of you.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jeez I had no idea - and I’ve seen you around here for years now. Small world lol

I’m positive I sound like a broken record but Dead tunes are such beautiful music - and there’s so many different styles. It’s hard to get bored with it. Whether it’s the lyrics or the guitar work - wtf I guess I’m biased. Don’t get me wrong I listen to a lot of different kinds of music but I’ll always be partial to Dead songs.

I was lucky enough to have discovered them in my young 20’s in the mid 80’s but once I did I was hooked - the whole scene was amazing to me and I was off & running. I ended up at well over a thousand shows from Maine to California over the years, going in every night on 10-12 night “runs” in different cities - it was exhausting sometimes lol. Garcia & Co. In their heyday just blew my mind and I was so lucky (in my opinion of course) to see SO MANY great, great shows - and by going to Dead shows I was also able to catch a lot of other great musicians.

We were at the AIDS benefit in Oakland CA in ‘88 - John Fogerty (Creedence) had been in hiding for a number of years, not playing or showing his face anywhere. I had heard that he had some kind of an argument his brothers and so CCR had stopped playing. Anyhow, nothing was billed but Fogerty walked out on stage during the Dead show with his guitar over his back - the place just went nuts. He started playing with the whole Grateful Dead backing him up - they did an hour and a half of Creedence tunes. I was so psyched.

Jerry Band used to go up to northern CA every summer to play for the hippies out in the
    mountains. We ended up in a big field on the Eel river up in Humboldt with maybe a thousand other naked hippies listening to Jerry and Dr John jam. This was Jerry Garcia Electric Band - they didn’t give tickets but instead we got
    A wristband that said Electric on the Eel.
    There was GD and Crosby Stills & Nash in Pittsburgh, Dylan, Jorma K from Hot Tuna, Carlos Santana, Etta James & Tower of Power in San Fran, Branford Marsalis and his sax, Bruce Hornsby, man, I’ve seen them with Chuck Berry, with Steve Wineood & Traffic, with Joe Satriani!, with Little Feat multiple times, Steve Miller Band in NY... so many more lol I’m a very lucky guy.

In my opinion, again, of course.i remember in ‘89 leaving Alpine Valley 3 day run to get
    Home to MA to go see Pink Floyd in Foxboro lol

Hang in there dude. Keep your eye on the prize!

J

9. Damn that booty fine

• Like Like x 1
  10. The perfect wake up and blaze album.

While I listen to Tycho pretty much every day of the year, it's music definitely BEST suited for late spring/summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I like this. It's not something I would listen to everyday but it's good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gratitude for latitude.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Going to get high as fuck & play some Far Cry 4 the game kicks ass when you're stoned

14. I'm really curious how 5 will be. They had a long ass time to work on it so hopefully not garbage but ubisoft is ubisoft hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  15. It will be probably be worth playing in time once the price has dropped. it's more than likely going to be a clone of the last few games but in America.

• Like Like x 1

16. 5 should be good for saying how long they've been working on it, i thought Primal was trash i played it for like an hour then sold it:laughing::laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1