post your strange, abstract thoughts here

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by sebastian, Jan 24, 2005.

1. The notes are finite but the frequencies that make up sounds between the notes are infinite, and really there is no music, just pressure waves. Sound only exists in your head, it does not exist at all, thats the answer to the tree falls in the woods question. There is nothing until someone is there to perceive it.

2. Breathe calmly and stay perfectly still.

3. A bath tub is a reverse boat.

• Like Like x 2
  4. The other day I was high and I thought I might've been JFK in a past life. Only because I've always had this strange attraction to his life and once while I was tripping had a hallucination about it. Wouldn't that be crazy tho lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. We are actually in the garden of eden, just blinded from the illusion of seperateness

• Like Like x 2
  6. Your mind is a garden, Your thoughts are the seeds,
    You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The feeling that my existence means nothing and I'll be forgotten and the world goes on

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. sup beard :wave:

9. the stars are portals

10. I wonder from time to time...how do I know everyone else is real. It seems like everyone is just living in my experience. I don't think I'm explaining it right. Maybe I'll try when I'm less high.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I know what you mean, its something philosophers have also thought, that this is an illusion.

• Like Like x 1
  12. E
    Except, there's a finite number of combinations that can be made that people find pleasant... and more, if you consider that "music" is limited... there's only 11 notes in western music... they can be played high or low... but if you take a song and play it on the low end or the high end, you still hear the same song... even if you play it using different notes, but the same intervals... still sounds the same most times... with some level of difference, but still "the same song" (maybe just more mellow or happy... perceptual differences based on the pitch of the tones)...

You then have to think about the cultural limitations... rock music (of one form of another) has been the most popular form in the U.S. for decades. And regardless of it's form (Metal, Pop, Ska, etc) it often features things a four chord progression, a verse/chorus/verse structure, and usually one time throughout (usually 4/4)...

13. So, here's the rub... despite all the scientific proof, the basic fact is that YOU are the center of the universe. You see the whole thing from your perspective. Your at the literal center, looking out.

SO then you think, ok that's like the whole world around me is set up for me to watch and experience... how do I know it's real? You can't. Every single possible way of proving it depends on an external, impartial observer... wich you can't be. So then you have to ask yourself, if this is just you, then why isn't everything the way you think you'd like it to be? Why are you having me tell you this, since it's really just you speaking? ;-)

14. I love that you know what I'm trying to say. And you (me? Lol) are so right about being the center of the universe since I will always be experiencing it from my point of view.

I guess in the end it really doesn't matter, I just try to enjoy every day like it's my last. But it's still perplexing!

• Like Like x 1
  15. And I remember reading about a scientific theory about us just being part of this matrix, but we would never be able to prove it. Think I'm going to go Google that and brush up my memory

16. I think you're talking about the way physics tells us that matter seems to be more energy than solid until we observe it, and the fact that, like with pixels are for images, everything is made up of little bits of energy... so that it would be impossible to tell if this is a virtual reality or a real one... btw, side from The Matrix there was The Thirteenth floor, which also had to do with real vs virtual... and I always loved Dark City, which had to do with reality, perception, and who we are.