Post your Organic Tea Recipe!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by cannabisblunt, Feb 6, 2009.

1. No problem.

2. I use a standard 4 outlet air pump, plenty for 5 gallons. I also do two teas, one 18h and one 24h (not too concerned about being exactly on time). It's worked GREAT

Which makes me think my first 12 hour tea was somewhat useless because i didnt get any predators i dont think. I watered another group of plants with an 18 hour tea and they look slightly better than the 12 hour group.

3. Lol, I agree, that an 18 hour tea is the minimum to get good bacteria bubbles going. I try to get under 24 but usually cant bring myself too with all the bubbles there. Also + rep for that comment about the large bubbles. I have removed the airstones from my airpumps and I notice good results. The more teas I make I get a better feel for the whole process. I am going for water only grows and will count on teas to reincoculate my soil.

anybody ever try alfalfa sprouts in a tea. Not pellets, nbut sprouts. Do I still get the tricanotol you think? Lol, :smoking:

4. Hi I have a organic tea recipe that a friend gave me. Wondering if anyone can maybe see if we have missed anythng to improve it or maybe something wrong with it. All suggestions help, still trying to get my head wrapped around all this organic stuff but worked well in veg. Doing good so far in flowering. 

Veg tea: 

1/2 cup bat guano ( high nitrogen) 
    1/2 cup oyster shell
    1/2 cup cotton seed meal
    1/4 cup kelp meal
    1/4 cup fish meal
    1 tbsp humid acid. 

flower tea: 
    the same as above. Just substitue 1/2 cup sea bird guano ( high phosphorous) for the bat guano. 
    Then add 5 gallons of water and air pump and let sit for at least three days. 
    3 or more days later: 
    I mix a cup of tea to a gallon of water along with 2 tbsp of blackstrap mollases. 

Need any improvements? Or adjustments.

5. Hi I have a organic tea recipe that a friend gave me. Wondering if anyone can maybe see if we have missed anythng to improve it or maybe something wrong with it. All suggestions help, still trying to get my head wrapped around all this organic stuff but worked well in veg. Doing good so far in flowering.

Veg tea:

1/2 cup bat guano ( high nitrogen)
    1/2 cup oyster shell
    1/2 cup cotton seed meal
    1/4 cup kelp meal
    1/4 cup fish meal
    1 tbsp humid acid.

flower tea:
    the same as above. Just substitue 1/2 cup sea bird guano ( high phosphorous) for the bat guano.
    Then add 5 gallons of water and air pump and let sit for at least three days.
    3 or more days later:
    I mix a cup of tea to a gallon of water along with 2 tbsp of blackstrap mollases.

Need any improvements? Or adjustments.

6. Cripes, all these ingredients sound weird and wonderful, are they available here in the UK?

7. Not sure about the uk, I live in te us. California to be exact. But at any shop that has feed for animals and anything to do with organics ferts, should have these ingredients. Let me tell ya this stuff works good. Only half way through flowering right now and got the biggest stinyist and shiny sticky flowers happening. Gonna be a great year. Oh by the way u can add more or less to your liking of the tea just watch the plants. I am mixing 5 gallons of water with about a 1/4 - 1/3 of a five gallon bucket of tea a plant. Working wonderful. Just be sure to watch ur plants hav heard of organic mute burn before but never had any problems myself. Oh yeah this stuff stinks to.

8. I'll add my Easy Organic Brew shortcut :)...

I began playing with bio-digestion and ferts several years ago. In the beginning, I was mixing up kelp, guano etc, putting my 1/2 cup of fert mixture into 1 gallon jugs of water, capping them off and letting them go through 2-4 weeks of anaerobic digestion, then mixing the result into 5 gallons of water and adding a bubbler for 24 hours for the aerobic side of things. When the time came to re-up with supplies, I decided to buy a pelletized organic rose & flower food and try the same routine. Again, I was very pleased with the results.
    Fast fwd a few years.

Due to the impracticality of fermenting 100+ gallons at a time, I now forego the full anaerobic process but I am still using prepared, commercially available pelletized organic ferts @ 1/2 cup per 5 gal, with 1 tbsp of molassas. Easy, effective and very inexpensive.

Peace,
    SlackerBee

9. Hey guys,

I'm lookin to start up an organic grow. My question is how often do i apply organic tea?

Every watering? every few weeks? Before each stage?

10. I am still unsure. Is reverse osmosis water not recommended? How about distilled..What is the absolute best type of water to use for an organic grow?

11. From the link from LD's post, looks like well water or ditch water is best........I use well water myself.

If you live in an urban area and only have tap water, make sure to let your tap water off gas for a day before use. Or you could make your tea with regular distilled water......looks like the tests proved it was fairly productive.

12. Is this solution per gallon of water or what?:confused:

13. Those are five gallon recipes..

14. #95 clos3tgrow3r, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010
    I am a first time grower and I must say I am impressed by the effectiveness of a good tea. I was away from my plants for three weeks. They received minimal attention while I was away and by the time I returned they were extremely dry and looked about ready to kick the can. After removing all the dead leaves (nearly 50%) I made a soup of peruvian seabird guano and water, I cooked it to around 170F and added eggshells (i dont know if this did anything but my mom always gives this to our house plants). Once it cooled to around 90F I added endo/ecto mychorhizae. I gave about 300mL to each of my 5 plants.

After the feeding I was still expecting them to die and for me to start all over again, so imagine my surprise when after less than a week they not only looked better but were absolutely lush and full again.

Just goes to show what shit that smells bad can do :D they are 6 weeks to harvest and have hundreds of bud sights between the 5 of 'em:smoke:

15. sumone plez help me understand this do they mean 2cups of brewed tea for every 5gallons of water?

16. #97 TexRx, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    I'm currently making this basic tea. Use this during vegging since it's Nitrogen hot. Here's the recipe.

1- 5 gal bucket with 4 gals water aerated by a fish tank pump w/ airstone
    3 cups worm castings
    1/2 cup Humate granules.
    1/2 teaspoon Oregonism brand beneficial bacteria/mychorrizae
    1 oz molasses

2 oz liquid seaweed

Mix it all in the bucket except for the seaweed. Then let sit with aeration for 3 days. Stir once a day. Foam build up during the procees and is good.

Add the 2 oz liquid seaweed before application. I Dilute at least to 50% water so nothing gets burned and apply.

17. #98 clos3tgrow3r, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    My first actual tea ever is brewing now. Only 5 liters. It is sitting on a heatmat with an airstone inside.

Here goes...
    *About 3 pounds fresh, chopped seaweed (I live by the ocean): half of it cooked at about 160F for 5 min, other half raw.
    *2 Tablespoons Peruvian Seabird Guano (cooked with seaweed)
    *3 Teaspoons FloraGrow organic supplement (its a powder composed mainly of potash, but also contains a whole variety of macro and micro nutes)
    *10 Tablespoons Endo/Ecto Mycorhizae
    *7 or 8 eggshells (cooked with seaweed)
    *2 1/2 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
    *400mL of my own urine (I ingested two multivitamins and chugged a glass of odwalla superfood before to;))

I was gonna brew it for only a day or 2, but any other suggestions? Are there any telltale signs of a finished tea?

Also should I have added the urine after the tea was finished or is now OK?

Thanks GC

18. #99 starcecil, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2010
    I was reading some other people post and some people were saying you can make a tea of

1 cup alfalfa meal
    1 tbsp molasses
    4 gal water
    Mix 24 hours and you water your plants with this. Its supposed to have many benefits including better root system and doubling of yield.

The full article is here Benefits of Alfalpha
    If you're skeptical about this first link here is another with a more thorough explanation and some Tea recipes for all stages of growth http://boards.cannabis.com/organic-growing/81681-molasses-sweet-organic-goodness.html

I was wondering if anyone with experience in this would know if I could substitute some alfalfa leaf for alfalfa meal? Is it same thing just more ground up? Either way I got it at the local co-op

Edit:
    I spent an hour grinding up all the leaf I bought with my tiny herb grinder... XD I hope its the right stuff

19. As I sit and whisk this mixture ( I don't have a bubbler so I whisk thoroughly every 2-3 hours or so when awake.) I wonder to myself... how am I going to strain this.

But that leads me to another thing.... could I just pour this mixture on top of my grow medium? In a 5 gal bucket is Sphagnum Peat Moss, Perlite and Vermiculite. It's only about 1/2 - 3/4 of a cup at most of plant matter. Or would that attract unwanted pests?