Post Your Instruments!

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Schlotzsky, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Post your favorite instruments that you own! I'd love to see what y'all are all playing and I'm sure some of you feel the same way!

P.S.
    I sold my old Fender Strat and my new one should be here tomorrow or sometime later this week. I'll post pics right when it gets here.

Post your favorite gear!

2. -Fender Tele Blacktop series(Mexi)-Fender P-Bass(Mexi)-Yamaha FG413S
    [​IMG]

3. Well, I've got a few instruments; a Fender MIM Stratocaster, a Fender American Standard Stratocaster, an Epiphone Les Paul, and a Casio CTK-4000 keyboard

But I just added a new guitar today - a Fender American Vintage Telecaster '52 Reissue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Very nice man, kinda wish I would've gotten a maple neck instead of rosewood, but oh well still love my tele!

5. I think yours looks good

But yeah, I think I prefer maple over rosewood. Of the two Strats I have, one is maple, the other rosewood. I think it also depends on the color of the body. If the body is a light color, then a dark fretboard complements it nicely. If the body is dark, a lighter fretboard looks good.

6. I wish I had all my shit at my house so I could show you a pic.

My music stash includes:
    Shure SM58 microphone
    AKG C214 condensor mic
    Douglas 5 string bass
    Eastwood Sidejack Deluxe guitar
    A Harbinger PA
    A Conn saxophone
    A Korg Trinity Plus synth

and my most favorite instrument:
    A Roland Juno Gi synth workstation. That's my most prized possession.

7. #7 MistahWonderful, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    Hows that Juno?

[​IMG]

That's my bad boy right there.

8. Fucking wonderful man, the sounds are really good and there's good tweakability with each one. You can layer 4 sounds on top of each other at a time and mix them to your liking or you can split the keyboard into up to 4 sections and even designate where you want them to split. On top of that you can add effects (I think 4) for each section. So you could have a phaser on your lower1 (the lowest part of a piano split into 4 sections, lower1 lower2 upper1 upper2) and modulation or rotary effects or whatever you want (there's 80 effects to plug in and even more ways to mix them). The built-in 8 track recorder is good quality. You can plug in other instruments, like a guitar or mic, and play through the synth and throw in synth effects on that.

The only complaints I have is that on the D-beam controller it would be cool if you could set it to a different assignable sound or effect, but the expression button right next to it does that. There's an assignable button below that and you can switch that up as well. The guitar sounds are good but I could use more power rock-ish guitar sounds (however I can make that myself through tweaking effects like Overdrive, Distortion, etc. There's even an OD DIST DELAY effect, which is kinda self-explanatory as to what it does but is cool nonetheless.

But neither of those things are really problems for me, those are literally the only things I can say negatively about it. They're great.

I got it after going to guitarcenter and trying various synths out. I was actually going to get a Yamaha MOX6 when I went, but I played the Juno Gi and was like... wait I like this more, and went back to the yamaha and played through its sounds and then to the juno gi and did the same. The Gi sounds loads better to me on just about every sound - it sounded fuller and richer to me. It's funny cuz the MOX6 was like 300 more at my GC at the time, lacked a recording function, and didn't come with recording software. Mine came with Sonar LE X, and I think that's standard for all Gi's.

If I could describe my Juno in one word, it'd be 'dank'