Post your favorite quote!!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Scar 420, Sep 22, 2012.

1. you're damned if you do--damned if you don't.

-bart simpson

2. "Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."

3. "I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of dying for nothing."

4. read my signature

5. [quote name='"Celtdub"']"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."[/quote]

This<3

6. "Write drunk. Edit sober."

- Hemingway

7. "I don't care for the applause one gets by saying what others are thinking; I want actually to change people's thoughts. Power over people's minds is the main personal desire of my life; and this sort of power is not acquired by saying popular things."

Bertrand Russell

8. Life advances in to its own purpose, the experience of its own existence.

9. "Don't F with me and I won't F with you."

-METARON

10. and im Randy Butternubs

11. some girls, they rape so easy

12. hey hey hey smoke weed everyday

13. "Real life is, to most men, a long second-best, a perpetual compromise between the ideal and the possible but the world of pure reason knows no compromise, no practical limitations, no barrier to the creative activity."-Bertrand Russell

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”
    -Frank Outlaw

"I was not looking for my dreams to interpret my life, but rather for my life to interpret my dreams." -Susan Sontag

Some good stuff guys keep it goin

14. ECKHART TOLLE

“Some people are stuck with very hostile entities. … Many people are stuck with life-denying, continuous critical and attacking entities that they carry in their head and they believe that is who they are. And they are continuously attacking themselves.”

“We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.”

15. "Then Manwe and Yavanna parted for that time, and Yavanna returned to Aule, and he was in his smithy, pourning moulten metal into a mould. ' Eru is bountiful ' she said. ' Now let thy children beware! For there shall walk a power in the forests whose wrath they will arouse at their peril. '
    ' Nonetheless they will have need of wood ' said Aule, and he went on with his smith work."

16. #56 dantheman52, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
    "the whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell

o yea, and ricky from trailer park boys, "hey lahey, why don't you make like a tree and go fuck yourself."

17. "Ricky? Santa Claus and Jesus- that's two different things!" -Bubbles
    "He's just a stoned, horny kitty with the munchies." -Bubbles
    "I don't wanna say I todaso but, I todaso." -Ricky

18. Also, "Nope. Just Chuck Testa." - Chuck Testa

19. i lol'd

20. Haha. Trailer Park Boys is so awesome.