Post your favorite quote!!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Scar 420, Sep 22, 2012.

1. thats a good one, too :D

2. "Life is fair, people aren't." - Patrice O'Neal

3. [quote name='"Shizmot"']"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"

"Come take a trip with me, but don't be suprised when things aren't what they seem"

I've got more but it'll have to wait till I listen to a little more music.[/quote]

Dude, avenged sevenfold! <3

"Why don't I have the finer things that others have? The chance is there if you want it all that bad." - A7X

"Hell is not a place you go if you're not a Christian, it is the failure of your life's greatest ambition." - Immortal Technique

"To die unknown, would crush the fish lens we all see through. To kill the glare, expose the ugliness we hold true." - A7X

4. Can we live without death.?
    Can we love without hate.?
    Can we want without need.?
    I've fallen once again.
    Do we really ever live our lives enough to appreciate that we can never fully grasp one without the other.?
    That a concept has no meaning without an opposing force.
    If hate is what's inside us., then hate is what defines us.
    And we will use our hate to drive us.
    And let death not deprive us.
    Do we want this... Or do we need this..?
    You can always rinse the surface.. But the stain will remain.
    -Creatures by Motionless In White.

Every night., you salvage every skyline.
    Only enough so that you might have the chance to feel fine.
    -Desolate (The Conductor) by Woe, Is Me.

*And almost anything by Tool & A Perfect Circle<3

Terence McKenna is good too.

5. #25 AfganiKush, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
    "Still waters run deep"

Not the wisest of quotes, but it feels appropriate right now:
    "The bitch type i dislike, i'm rougher than a fist fight.
    All chicks aint shit, aint no such thing as miss right
    So we can never be a couple hun,
    Fuck love, all i got for ho's is hard dick and bubblegum"
    Damn Big L goes hard

6. "a trick that people use to make you think they are smart, is confidence when tbeyre actually lost in the dark"

i can dig it

7. lol that shit does not work on smart people ^^

8. "Drunk drivers run stop signs, stoners wait for them to turn green."

9. #29 leoyen, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
    This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Dalai Lama (14th)

10. "The individual will have to be valued, not by the class of work he does but by the way in which he does it and by its usefulness to the community. This statement may sound monstrous in an epoch when the most brainless columnist on a newspaper staff is more esteemed than the most expert mechanic, merely because the former uses a pen. But, as I have said, this false valuation does not correspond to the nature of things. It has been artificially introduced, and there was a time when it did not exist at all. The present unnatural state of affairs is one of those general morbid phenomena that have arisen from our materialistic epoch."

-Mein Kampf 2:2

11. yeah right >_>

was that the best quote you could find from hitler? cuz its kinda blabbery :p

12. its not the fact that its taken from Mein Kampf. its the meaning of the words.

13. Buddah heads don't need meds.
    -Author unknown

14. [quote name='"leoyen"']Buddah heads don't need meds.
    -Author unknown[/quote]

Best one

15. "being nice is only hard when others aren't"

16. "You're a wizard, Harry."

17. [quote name='"leoyen"']Buddah heads don't need meds.
    -Author unknown[/quote]

Never heard this one,but great quote.

18. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”
    ― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

A man who as a physical being is always turned toward the outside, thinking that his happiness lies outside him, finally turns inward and discovers that the source is within him. - Kierkegaard

God gave all men all earth to love
    But since our hearts are small
    Ordained for each one spot should prove
    Beloved over all.
    Rudyard Kipling, Sussex (1902)

19. Where would I possibly find enough leather
    With which to cover the surface of the earth?
    But (just) leather on the soles of my shoes
    Is equivalent to covering the earth with it

Likewise it is not possible for me
    To restrain the external course of things
    But should I restrain this mind of mine
    What would be the need to restrain all else?

- Shantideva

“All joy in this world comes from wanting others to be happy, and all suffering in this world comes from wanting only oneself to be happy. “ (Shantideva)

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, and the Truth.” - Buddha (not sure which)

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
    Sun Tzu

Some Eastern philosophy. Enjoy :)

20. [quote name='"Omski"']"The individual will have to be valued, not by the class of work he does but by the way in which he does it and by its usefulness to the community. This statement may sound monstrous in an epoch when the most brainless columnist on a newspaper staff is more esteemed than the most expert mechanic, merely because the former uses a pen. But, as I have said, this false valuation does not correspond to the nature of things. It has been artificially introduced, and there was a time when it did not exist at all. The present unnatural state of affairs is one of those general morbid phenomena that have arisen from our materialistic epoch."

-Mein Kampf 2:2[/quote]

Great quote. I plan on reading that after Doors of Perception.