Post your favorite political meme

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cball, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Not a meme but hilarious

• Like Like x 2
  2. upload_2017-7-16_16-9-9.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. IMG_20170716_124931.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Be like William Henry Harrison.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Nationalism can quite easily degenerate into chauvinism. There's a tendency, when you're attacked from all sides, to fall back into the fold. You end up fraternizing with your kind, and anyone who doesn't think like you is an enemy. In general, nationalist movements work on that model. They tend to become smaller and more homogeneous over time, or at least they pretend that's what's happening. Look at what's happening in Yugoslavia, where what used to be a multicultural and multilingual state has degenerated into ethnic cleansing. The same thing happened in Lebanon — it was a plural society with Christians and Muslims, and it became a kind of perpetual daily bloodbath.

I'm afraid it also happens in societies like the United States — and maybe Canada — where you have all these different ethnic communities who are beginning to feel that the problem is how they are going to preserve their own identity against the depredations of the others. And then identity politics becomes separatist politics and people retreat into their own enclaves. I have this strange, paranoid feeling that somebody enjoys this — usually people at the top who like to manipulate different communities against each other. It was a classic of imperial rule that you got different groups dependent on you and suspicious of their compatriots. That is all part of the process of nationalism and in that respect I find myself very unhappy with it.

Edward Said, 1993.

• Like Like x 4
  7. [​IMG][​IMG]

"Once you believe the lies, you can never see the truth"

8. Save the frogs

9. You used a photoshopped pic, see the real one below.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Unless that flag is made out of cardboard on a bent flag pole I'm fairly certain this is the Photoshop.

[​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. [​IMG]

• Like x 6
    • Friendly x 4
    • Agree x 1