Post your favorite political meme

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cball, Aug 18, 2011.

1. #7381 forty winks, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
    Don't worry bro, free education will never happen in the US and the warring will never end either. You're safe from communism [​IMG]

2. And slaves laying down gold bars to build a road in front of the cart...

3. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. #7386 WubbaLubbaDubDub, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

yeah we know who the real idiot is here

6. Australia is now finally free of this shriveled up goose testicle, partly because of compulsory voting.
    [​IMG]

7. There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.

George Orwell

8. Sooner or later a false belief bumps up against solid reality, usually on a battlefield.

9. #7393 VikingToker, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    Let me check you right there man:

I happen to know my Orwell, and that's a widely attributed misqoute (find me the passage it's from); the closer original is from Bertrand Russell, and was in regard to semantics, and how intellectuals waste time debating words.

Orwell did have a similar qoute: "One has to belong to the intelligentsia to believe things like that: no ordinary man could be such a fool."
    But this is from an essay about nationalism in the context of the world war.

Neither of these educated men would agree with you that education shouldn't be universal. In fact, they'd be disgusted with you for keeping that out of your nation's future, simply for greed. I don't want<span class="redactor-invisible-space"> to contribute to my nation's future, I want to keep this for myself. That wouldn't fly with either of those great men.</span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space">
    </span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space">So please don't use their words to support your selfish ideology! [​IMG]</span>
    </span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space">(Edit: I don't want to appear like too much of a cunt. You have to understand I live in a region of the world which was raised from poverty to the best living standards on the planet thanks to a huge and sustained investment in educating the population a few decades ago. 82% of my countrymen have some kind of higher education degree.</span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"></span> Any person who says an educated population is too expensive or not worth it<span class="redactor-invisible-space"> simply hasn't educted him or herself AT ALL NOT EVEN A SINGLE PEEK about the countries that do<span class="redactor-invisible-space"> have free education)</span></span>
    </span>
    </span>
    </span>

10. Compulsory voting, because fuck freedom of association...

11. #7397 Delphinidins, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    I doubt votes matter, I think its just a way to make it look like the public is actually choosing who they want. Just my opinion.

12. How can you post the meme regarding statism and then say "I doubt votes matter"...?

That just seems ambiguous and inconsistent when juxtaposed with each other. Of course votes don't matter, and at the end of the day your just requesting who you wish to rule over you...

13. In the words of the late, great, George Carlin:

[​IMG]

14. I just liked the picture, Thought i could throw it in here for the fun of it.