Post your favorite political meme

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cball, Aug 18, 2011.

1. #7341 Rotties4Ever, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
    Guess who became the longest reigning monarch in bristish history?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-edit ; how she looked like before she joined the unholy legions of the undead
    [​IMG]

2. I don't think it really counts though since they aren't truely aa monarchy anymore

-Yuri

3. legalizing marijuana wouldn't get rid of oil dependence or deforestation ...

-Yuri

4. Trying to say legalizing hemp wouldn't put a dent in oil dependence?

You do realize not just gasoline and fuels are made of oil right? Paints are made from oil, tires are made from oil, crayons are made from oil...thousands upon thousands of products are made from oil. Many of which can be replaced w/ hemp.

Any move to lessen how much we need crude oil is a good one, imo...

5. is hemp the only plant on earth with these qualities? Has it been scientifically proven to be the best?

The answers are no, and no, respectively.

Algae, a completely legal oil alternative is far superior to hemp; and yet has not put a dent in our dependence.

Furthermore outlawing hemp because of threatens oil makes zero at all. If it truely threatened oil, they would grow it themselves

-Yuri

6. Kinda hard to prove w/ 'science' what hemp can or cannot do when it's production is not allowed by the greatest economy on the face of the Earth. Clothes can be made from hemp. Car panels can be made from hemp. Houses can be made from hemp. Paper can be made from hemp. Damn near anything can be made from hemp. Just like saying we don't know what cannabis is capable of in medicine bc they government won't allow studies bc they say it has 'no medicinal value' while at the same time they approve patents for cannabis in pill form lol

Hemp does threaten oil....but not only that...when coupled w/ cannabis this little plant threatens titans of industry. Pharmaceuticals, timber/lumber, cotton, alcohol, oil. There's a very good reason hemp and cannabis are illegal...bc they would completely change society and wipe out a lot of old money.

7. I just don't see it.

Lots of plants can be used for those things. Why are they illegal?

Why hasn't algae destroyed our deoendence on oil according to your logic?

-Yuri

8. #7349 forty winks, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015
    The Monarchist League of Canada is having a field day.

9. Thank this guy :

[​IMG]

As far as hemp not being used for oil, thank the folks at DuPont and Ford :)

10. why would he not just grow hemp if it was more profitable?

It makes no sense how one plant could threaten the buisness of another. He would just swich buisnesses

-Yuri

11. Because he and his family already had control over the timber industry. It's like the saying "why fix something that isn't broken?"

12. I still don't buy it though.

The idea that hemp was made illegal because it threatened the timber industry is ridiculous

-Yuri

13. #7354 WaxPayne, Sep 10, 2015
    It didn't just effect the timber industry though :confused_2:

14. I know you don't [​IMG]

The piece of the puzzle you're missing....hemp isn't more profitable. Which is exactly why industrialists and business monopolists didn't want to use it. It's cheap and affordable and strong and durable, but not profitable. Plant fiber, in certain products can outperform steel, cotton, & wood.

Henry Ford made a 'plastic' car out of hemp and it could be smashed with a hammer and not dented. That's good for the common man, bad for business & profits.

15. It also threatened the burgeoning nylon rope industry, I read.

16. And who controlled the patent on Nylon? DuPont :)

17. #7358 forty winks, Sep 10, 2015
    Interesting book by Chris Conrad -

Hemp - Lifeline to the Future.

Think I will re-read it.

18. no that's the opposite of how literally every industry on earth works

Cheaper better products are always the goal

-Yuri

19. Not if you can regulate out the competition [​IMG]