Post your favorite political meme

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cball, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Exactly.. Fox News is entertainment masquerading as news, whereas TDS is entertainment that reports the news.

2. That's better.
    It is one thing to be biased and yet another to use propaganda. World of difference. :smoke:

3. OK you got me there. I can't prove that Stewart is paid by the democratic party, only that he spouts their message

-Yuri

4. I don't really see that strong of a spouting going on. He is definitely biased towards theirs being the less crazy party, but he does take jabs at them too. He definitely favors them though.
    :smoke:

5. He can have a tendency to simplify issues like nationalized healthcare and pushes his own agenda, but that's because it's a comedy show. He's not trying to present an unbiased in depth view. He's trying to make jokes about politics which inherently shows his bias. Watch Stewart interview someone and then watch Orielly interview someone. Both clearly have an agenda they defend but one generally talks respectfully to others and argues somewhat coherently whereas one screams down people who disagree with his beliefs (Orielly). I think it's pretty clear to most people that Jon Stewart, however biased, is less biased than Fox News because he doesn't pretend to come across as an objective journalist like People at fox or even blatantly lie. Jon Stewart like many in the mainstream media has a bias for oversimplifying issues and extremism (it's entertaining and easy to joke about) more so than an actual bias for liberal positions. I watched a ton of TDS when they were running a month long stream and I have to say I was surprised at how good some of his interviews were with people like Don Rumsefeld. I think there things Stewart was too easy on like the affordable care act, but even then I've seen several segments where he's criticized the law even though he believes in gov programs to provide more healthcare. So yes and no. I would say Jon Stewart could be unfair but I would say he was generally more fair than a large percent of the people at CNN, Fox, MSNBC. Bias can sometimes be in the eye of the beholder so it's hard to say definitely for sure. Either way Fox News is trash and TDS doesn't change that.

6. #7326 Rotties4Ever, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
    'biased' is a relative term, its up to the individual watching whether or not something is 'biased'. How do you define 'biased' without being biased? yeah think about that for a minute [​IMG]

What constitutes as 'fair'? I just think its funny how you guys argue these meaningless terms, as if, if I were to disagree with your interpretation of it I would be 'wrong' and you would be 'right'.
    Arguing opinions as facts is a trade mark of weasel news by the way, have you considered applying?
    I was going to give you guys shit for two pages of no memes, but now I am guilty of this bull shit too [​IMG]

7. /win

-Yuri

8. Why is it always the super attractive people that pull this shit?
    [​IMG]

Cmon who wouldnt want to go on a date with Kim Davis? I hear she went through 3 divorces, its hard, when guys are lining up to date you, its hard to find true love.

9. Again I refer to the late, great, George Carlin....

[​IMG]

10. Don't you know killing brown people = defending freedom. It's pretty basic stuff.

11. #7340 Rotties4Ever, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
    [​IMG]