Post your favorite political meme

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cball, Aug 18, 2011.

1. #4661 ProvidencePlant, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
    This is the last post I'm going to make regarding this topic.

Holy hell, talk about a double strandard. So it's not okay to kill a US citizen, who was involved in the publishing of radical Islam propaganda, but it is okay kill a criminal with a gun in the streets of the US. Fuck the whole right to a fair trial thing, amiright? (Don't even attempt to strawman my arguement, I'm not saying the killing of Al Awlaki was justified)

[​IMG]

2. What difference is it whether a drone kills him, the liqour store owner kills him or the cop kills him. The man was a theif and is violating the non aggression principle. I don't see how having a drone kill a criminal violates NAP? I mean like it or not, times are a changiing, and soon drones will be everywhere. 

He was being sarcastic.

4. #4664 Johnny Cash, Jun 1, 2013

Wait... so the NAP only applies to people who have never violated the NAP themselves? Once you steal, you're fair game?

5. I honestly couldn't tell, it legitimately sounds like something that would come out of the mouth of a Rand Paul supporter.

6. #4666 ProvidencePlant, Jun 1, 2013
    http://intentionalworldview.com/Deontology+%28Right+and+Wrong+Action%29#Justifiable_responses_to_rule_violations_Justice_Etiquette_Aesthetics_:

^
    \tJustifiable responses to rule violations (Justice / Etiquette / Aesthetics)

Well I'm not 100% sure either, it just sounded sarcastic to me because of the last sentence.

8. #4668 Sovereign Psyche, Jun 1, 2013
    Some anarcho-capitalist on my facebook unfriended me because I questioned his support of Rand Paul for president.  He said in response to my questioning, "this is why we can't have nice things."  I still don't know what that means. 

Anyway,I thought my last sentence was a dead giveaway.  Who robs a store for 50 dollars?  There are obviously various things that could be going on in that situation.  The guy is not necessarily a criminal.

9. Speaking on that... r/libertarian is in pitiful shape. I thought it being rife with Rand supporters were bad. Not until I encountered Iraq War apologists, people using Newt Gingrich and libertarian in the same sentence, and neocons in general.  I am very curious as to why they stray away from their respective subreddits and have to infest r/libertarian with their slime. I really don't get it. Is fox news showcasing some pseudo-libertarians? They think any cuts to the size of government makes them a libertarian. 

10. #4670 ProvidencePlant, Jun 1, 2013
    Haha alright, you definitely had me going. I mean shit, I guess no one better open carry legally anymore with 50 bucks in their back pocket under a Rand Paul presidency. :p

[​IMG]

11. #4671 ProvidencePlant, Jun 1, 2013
    I ripped that guy who was saying Gingrich is a Libertarian a new one and got downvoted to hell, I'll admit that I was pretty blunt, but that sub has definitely gone down the shitter as of late.

[​IMG]

12. You're Im_a_Rothbardian? I've seen you around. 

13. That'd be me, sir :bongin:

14. #4674 Deleted member 472633, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
    Everyone has a right to protect their life, liberty and property and the life liberty and property of another whose rights have been violated.. NAP is not a pacifist philosophy it allows for self defense. Otherwise you would not have anarchy but chaos. As a fraction of the population with no moral qualms could do whatever they want to the pacifist majority without fear. Libertarians are not lambs. 

Obviously the person should be given a chance to surrender if possible. 

15. why dont we just ask the mods to change the thread into "post your favorite political rant"?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

whatever happened to deep thoughts by benny? I miss those, how come no one ever posts them?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cough cough

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

think about it

[​IMG]

17. #4679 Lenny., Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    /\\ "I print, therefore I am"