Post your favorite political meme

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cball, Aug 18, 2011.

1. #4561 Penelope420, May 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2006/01/24/wal-marts-health-care-benefits-are-competitive-in-the-retail-sector

According to their website, they pay around 80% of their employees health care bills after the deductible is met. Since the types of plans they are offering, are low premium, high deductible plans, that means that most healthy employees are paying 100% of their health care costs through high deductibles.  It's impossible to give you an exact figure on exactly what percentage of their employee's premiums that they actually pay, but estimating between 60-70% is very generous. 

So let's say that walmart does indeed pay 80% of the health care premiums for their employees, which is the national average (http://www.ehow.com/info_8451877_percentage-insurance-do-employers-pay.html).  If ALL 2 MILLION of their employees are on that health insurance plan, that brings that 11.2 billion down to 9 billion.

But, again according to their own website, only 43% of their employees chose to enroll in their health insurance plan.  Which brings that 9 billon dollars down to 3.8 billion dollars. 

If you can find more recent figures, I'll re-do the math for you.

(edited to add that technically speaking health insurance costs would come from a business' revenue and not their profits, so the first meme was not entirely inaccurate)

2. Since I can't contribute right now, Less chatter, more meme's!

3. The official political chatroom threads, boys and girls, welcome, welcome. Walls of text for all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 4 posts, to make up for all the chatter

[​IMG]

5. Holy shit lol

6. A few to start the afternoon...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ^ I usually don't wish bad things on other people, but I hope that guy gets AIDS.

9. #4572 Verdurous, May 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
    Is there a source for the bullshit this guy allegedly uttered? lol

10. #4574 High-Function, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. #4576 JohnnyWeedSeed, May 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2013
    Here's a good one.

Attached Files: