Post your favorite political meme

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cball, Aug 18, 2011.

1. This is a meme thread. Start another thread or find a relevant thread to discuss in.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I think that it'd be more insignificant to start a thread about. What do I label it, "SmokinP, how do you feel about this?". Was just asking a question.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Not a meme, but some artwork done by Banksy, still pretty funny though.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  4. I'm not an expert but 'Meme' has a broad definition. I think that counts.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. #10075 Deleted member 940351, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
    Wow, just....wow.

So all muslims are rapists, child molesters etc? Not to mention the irony in this meme is pretty funny, it calls out "gay killers" yet most republicans are actually homophobic. Also, this being the most important, that second bumper sticker is clearly photoshopped.

In conclusion: fail.

6. #10076 nativetongues, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    I love how this is posted as hypothetical when it already happens. You realize thousands of people die every year from food poisoning right. This is directly from he CDC's review of food safety. "We estimate that foodborne diseases cause approximately 76 million illnesses, 325,000 hospitalizations, and 5,000 deaths in the United States each year. That's a shitload of deaths caused by food. The percent of people killed by food poisoning every year is around 0.00158 % of the population. According to CATO, a right wing libertarian leaning thinktank, they found

"Including those murdered in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 (9/11), the chance of an American perishing in a terrorist attack on U.S. soil that was committed by a foreigner over the 41-year period studied here is 1 in 3.6 million per year. The hazard posed by foreigners who entered on different visa categories varies considerably. For instance, the chance of an American being murdered in a terrorist attack caused by a refugee is 1 in 3.64 billion per year while the chance of being murdered in an attack committed by an illegal immigrant is an astronomical 1 in 10.9 billion per year. By contrast, the chance of being murdered by a tourist on a B visa, the most common tourist visa, is 1 in 3.9 million per year. Any government response to terrorism must take account of the wide range of hazards posed by foreign-born terrorists who entered under various visa categories."
    That means the odds of being killed by a foreign born immigrant in a terrorist attack is about 1 death for every 3.6 million people. This means the chances of being killed by foreign born terrorists is about 0.0000278 % according to this study, which is fairly comprehensive. That means you are about 56 times more likely to be killed by food like grapes than terrorist already without this cockamamie hypothetical situation. Last time I checked most people aren't concerned when they bite into a cheese steak about dying because it's such a minor threat. Now you can argue that we shouldn't take any more of a risk by accepting them, fine. What you can't argue is that terrorism especially from immigrants is a massive wide spread issues. It's just not born out in the data.

• Like Like x 5
  7. #10079 Vicious, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    Joe Biden is a pretty dank meme.

At least wait until you get on Jeffrey Epstein's plane, Joe!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. No but Muhammad was and Muslims look up to him as the ultimate role model. Muhammad bedding a child bride at 9 is common knowledge.

• Like Like x 1