Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Post your bad trip stories here

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by n00dles, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Already uploaded this thread like 4 times my bad but GC app I don't think has a delete button. Been smoking for years but have only had two bad trips. Both times I was smoking pretty good bud, I felt fine up until me and my buddies got back in my house and I noticed my hands and forehead were MAD clammy, all of a sudden I had a fast heavy breath, I felt nauseated like I wanted to puke but couldnt. Very much like a horrible cold.

So my friend is like "Yo dude you might wanna lay down you don't look so good." So I lay down in my bed while me and my friends started picking the games and what to jam out to. At this point I feel like I have a cold, kicked nuts, and a nasty ass hang over mixed together but my friends are keeping me busy by talking, I never hallucinated however, you could say I looked like I belonged in a movie based on the 1800's where someone gets a disease like maleria or something and their lying in bed eyes shut sweating like crazy mumbling. That's how I was talking.

Then one of my buddies puts the techno remix (from ItsMadion on youtube) to smile like you mean it from the Killers (kinda gayish song to put for a room full of stoner dudes) and I swear the nasty ceiling light looked so intensly bright to me that it seemed like god was opening up the gate to heaven, and my high kicked in. I remember very clearly because I had never felt such a horrible feeling followed by such an awesome calm high I was HAPPY and smiling for no reason. To this day thats one of the best trips I've ever had regardless of what happened before that. I don't think anyone sneaked coke or something in my bowl because none of us had started doing unmentionables yet we were just boozers and stoners. Plus they would be cracking the fuck up none stop. The second time I was alone, I was just like "no not again." I smoked a lot more so I could just crash out.

2. Both of my worst trips were on edibles. The first one was with brownies. They were waaaayyyyy stronger than any brownies I had ever had, but I didn't learn this until later. I ate one and then took a few hits off a joint being passed around. Guess I was already a little high from the joint and forgot how long it took brownies to kick in, so I ate half of another one. Well, shortly after this, and starting feel really good, I decided to start blasting some James Blake. The minute the bass dropped, I got way too high. I curled up in a chair and started twitching. My ears felt like they were burning. I couldn't eat anything. Then my vision and hearing got really fucked up and real life looked and sounded like a stuttering movie. I curled up in this couch for the next 3 hours, eventually trying to go to sleep because I was freaking out, but completely failing because I was too high. I finally fell asleep, woke up still high the next day, and then had to go shopping for school supplies with my mom at the biggest mall in the state. I was high until 7 PM the following day.

The other time was with a firecracker. A couple friends of mine were making them and going to DayGlow, but I was going to a baseball game first and they were still baking when I had to go. They left me one for when I got back, and I promptly ate it when I returned. 30 minutes in, a slight buzz. 45 minutes in, a decent high. One hour in, super happy and laughing my ass off. Apparently for the next 20 minutes my friends just decided to vent various life frustrations at me while I was high; I don't remember. Anyways, after my friend went to bed, it got really bad. I made some ramen stir fry which was way too spicy, then got nauseous. I sat down on the couch and tried ot drink water, but it really wasn't helping. I had the biggest lump in my throat ever. So, I naturally decided to lay down and try to close my eyes, but I couldn't get myself to keep my mouth closed, which was really concerning. Eventually, this led to my mouth drying out even more than it already was, so I tried to drink more water, but I was nauseous and already so full. This continued for about an hour in which I began to feel as though I was dying in 2 different ways simultaneously. I was terrified that without closing my mouth, my entire body would just dry out and shriver up, but I was also afraid that I was drowning myself in the amount of water that I was drinking. It then took me 30 minutes to crawl to the other side of the couch where my computer was, which I was gonna use to try to distract myself. I ended up staring at my reflection in the screen for a good 15 minutes before I was finally exhausted enough to fall asleep. And, once again, I was high until about 7 PM the following day.

I've never really had a bad high just from smoking. I usually plateau pretty nicely. Had some bad experiences crossfaded, but those two were easily the worst.

3. One time I got stoned from alcohol

4. For the first 5 minutes of my first high I was really nauseous and had to lay down, but it went away and my high was amazing.

5. I've never had a bad trip from weed. I've had unpleasant parts of experiences, but never a whole trip I would consider bad. I've had bad trip flashbacks from other stuff that were sometimes triggered by smoking. usually when I was coming down. bud then I went and did something else and that fixed the flashback problem thank god.

the closest to a bad trip from weed I've had was the first time I smoked, because I was full on tripping for quite some time, and at points it was pretty overwhelming. I think that was more just from not being used to it, than the trip actually being bad. If I had an experience like that now, it'd be awesome. 

6. #6 Jaybom, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
    I was taking mad bong rips and puked on the carpet because of dehydration
    complete buzzkill

7. Okay so last night I had the worst trip of my life. I had a shower and then got high, so my family couldnt smell the weed. After I sat in the bathroom for a bit and then it hit me, it seemed like someone was smacking both of my ears and i could hardly see, then the room started flashing like i was blinking but i wasnt. i brushed my teeth then opened the door and tried to walk to my bedroom, which is literally 4 steps. i could hardly walk, and suddenly went blind!! i started paniking thinking i was dying but managed to get to my bedroom, opening the door i reached for the light and i duno if i got it then smacked my head on the door handle and fell into the wall, i sat on my bedroom floor still not being able to see and was tripping the fuck out, then i finally could see everthing but the room was pitch black and everything was just a pink outline. i convinced myself i was concussed and kept forgetting things. then i got up and hid my weed and jumped in bed, i was in so much pain and felt like my bedroom was made of lego. i started spinning it was crazy! It felt like my ears were bleeding and my stomach was filling with air. then i cant remember much else. The whole time i thought i was dying and was telling myself to never smoke weed again and my head hurt so much. worst experience ever

8. i had an awful experience on one unmentionable psychadelic and weed one time. i dont like to talk about so ill spare the details. 

but one thing i can say to anyone who hasnt experienced anything like this. the term 'bad trip' is a total understatement.

9. The first time I ever smoked pure weed (without tobacco), I couldn't differentiate what was real and what was not.

10. whitied  bad in amsterdam, fucked my shit up it did. i imagine the case of the strongest truffles did not help

but it was the bong of amnesia that put me in a bad way