Post your AACT(Active Aerated Compost Tea) recipes

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Farm Dawg, Dec 7, 2011.

1. #101 FunTimeGrowHap, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    Stop that! That's a very naughty blade!

Back to the issue at hand.

I take about a cup of castings and keep them moist with dechlorinated water until they look like moldy fuzz-balls. After that it goes into a gallon of dechlorinated water with just a pinch of kelp meal and a tiny dash of fish hydrolysate (sorry, but those are my measurements). That gets bubbled for about 16 hours at 72 degrees. Bada-bing.

EDIT: Add 1 tbsp. of a grain product to the castings before wetting. I forgot about that. I've ran oat bran and grits successfully.

2. I want to hear more about this moldy EWC

3. I agree.

Cant we all get a lawn?

:wave::wave::wave::hello::wave::wave::wave:

jerry.

4. No sugars?
    You may want to bubble your tea a little longer. The most common recommendations are 24-36 hours. And since your culturing fungi, I'd lean toward the longer brews. But hey it's compost tea, so 0-36 is probably good....MIW

5. LOL, fish fertalizer feeds the microbes and so does Fox Farm Big Bloom had you done your research.

6. I got the idea from Chunkdaddyo's fungal tea thread. There's not much more to it than what I already said.

7. #107 percul8r615, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
    [quote name='"Cryptlord9999"']

LOL, fish fertalizer feeds the microbes and so does Fox Farm Big Bloom had you done your research.[/quote]

I know this.:rolleyes: big bloom is a joke when it comes to AACT, it's pointless to add it. Big bloom is basically just small amounts of each ingredient you add anyways to a tea

8. #108 percul8r615, Dec 13, 2011
    [quote name='"FunTimeGrowHap"']

I got the idea from Chunkdaddyo's fungal tea thread. There's not much more to it than what I already said.[/quote]

Cool idea, how long until they fuzz over?

9. No sugars. It is my belief that bacteria don't need help. I aim for the shorter time to prevent other things from taking over the fungal hyphae. I have no microscope to check my brews, but I know that fungi can only be increased in length, not numbers, so I play it safe. I have seen a white fungal growth covering the surface of my soil a few days after an application, so I stopped tinkering with my tea and called it good.

10. Bud candy isnt organic....bud candy isnt designed to feed microbes...a bottle of fox farm lasts me pretty much to the expiration date because i use such small amounts, its just another food for my microbes, there are thousands of species of fungi and bacteria, you want to try and make the different species as balanced as possible and when you add the microbial tea to the soil, the roots, which are producing excretions of sugars etc, which attract the specific species of microbes to those roots in order to break down certain organic material or perform certain tasks, so you make the tea as balanced and diverse as possible and let the plant work with the microbes and decide which ones it needs and when.

11. It's pointless to add it because all it contains is small amounts if ingredients that you already mix into a tea in the first place.. But more power to you :bongin:

12. Big Bloom itself is essentially a concentrated Nutrient Tea full of organic particles that are derived from different means then me bubbling the ingredients in water and im fairly sure is derived from some other things then what i use as well, i havent used it in awhile cuz i have to order it online and have not been able to do so for awhile, and my teas microbial activity has toned down slightly, not a shit ton but a bit and adding the small amounts of big bloom does make a difference in atleast the quality, not huge differences but in the amounts i use and the amount it costs that little quality and quantity boost (very little increase) makes it worth it, everything is a cost benefit analysis for me and trying to use as little as possible while still producing high quality and quantity (quality comes first of course).

13. Exactly what I said. Lol

14. You can use this recipe without the fishy ferts (id strongly recommend using this, not the emulsion kind) and big bloom, but i recommend using them for the best bang for your buck, i make my own EWC, Compost, harvest my own kelp/seaweed and buy my Unsulfured Blackstrap Molasses from from this big store for like ranchers/farmers to buy supplies since they use molasses in feed and its SUPER CHEAP compared to grocery stores and u get a ton of it, fishy ferts are really cheap, check and make sure the source is organic and not full of heavy metals from certain types of fish, i also am going to start recycling my soil and growing alfalfa in it after i grow a crop and then making my own alfalfa meal, so the only thing that costs money really, for me atleast, is the Big Bloom, so my teas cost me almost nothing to make, so for me its worth it to use, but like i said, cost benefit analysis.

15. Is Big Bloom certified as organic somewhere?

16. [quote name='"Cryptlord9999"']

I didnt provoke anyone, they started attacking me when i posted this recipe and i was responding. They are quite childish.[/quote]

Probably because you act like revs methods are the only thing that's gonna work for an organic grow.(there not BTW) And right off the bat you didn't respect peoples criticism. You can't just accept it and move on.....that's quite childish, cry baby, bitch like, kid Shit, if you ask me.

And to top it off you saying things like, 1 teaspoons fish, not the emulsion the other kind.
    Really makes you sound like you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. And you've said it more than once.

So I know we know what the other fish is but do you or are you just relaying what rev said and can't remember what the "other fish" is.

You act like a child protesting, its not fair I wanna contribute, what I'm saying sounds good in my head plus I read it in a stoned mag, why won't you listen, while kicking and screaming I want your approval.

BeZ...V

17. Its not certified, just look up the MSDS or whatever, along with what its derived from and how its created and you will see its organic. Not all fox farm products are truely organic though so you do have to be careful with fox farm.

18. [quote name='"Microbeman"']Is Big Bloom certified as organic somewhere?[/quote]

They claim it on their website but unless it's OMRI listed than it's not legit organic

19. #120 Cryptlord9999, Dec 13, 2011

lol so far everyone has done nothing but attack my character and the fact i read a magazine and take SOME of my grow information and methods from, i NEVER SAID this method is the only method, its not my fault people expected me to link a website to prove why every ingredient is organic and give a scientific breakdown of the organic biochemistry. This was a "Post your AACT" i was posting what works for me and people started attacking my character and failed to prove that my ingredients are inorganic or that i am not creating a microbe tea, how can you expect someone to prove something you refuse to disprove? seems a little hypocritical, i explained what i used and why, its not my fault these online "experts" have their head so far up their ass they cant accept foreign methods, im still confused as to what is wrong with my recipe, there are Fish Emulsions and Fish Hydrolysate, i did not want to spell it out in case i misspelled it and someone got all nit picky about it. So, explain to me how my tea is not microbial and what exactly is being disagreed with?

Also if anyone is linking to a dot com website, anyone can create a dot com website and post anything, so that is just as reliable a source of information as a magazine, so if your going to link websites, they better be .org, .gov .ca, unviersity websites etc.

Also, using full quotes to avoid misquoting, how was i acting like a child?