Post your AACT(Active Aerated Compost Tea) recipes

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Farm Dawg, Dec 7, 2011.

1. This was not posted in vane. I appreciate it. That's what I'm here for is to learn.

2. BTW - the price for 50 lbs. of bamboo charcoal delivered to Portland, Oregon costs far more than God ever intended.

LD

3. Farm Dawg

I'm not speaking for Eco or MM but my experience with AACTs both in my gardens as well as a couple of projects out in the Columbia River Gorge (apples, cherries, pears, etc.) with some fellow Oregon Tilth members, get the right humus and you'll get what you're looking for.

In the apple orchards they deal with an anaerobic mold called Black Scab and it is the bane of apple and pear growers around the world. While not a complete fungicide it showed enough promise to have been included in their overall program along with neem oil (courtest of moi) and select botanical teas. This year Comfrey was sprayed in October and November. They'll spray again around late April or early May before the bud set and pollination takes place.

They're hopeful based on what they've seen in the past 4 seasons.

LD

4. Do you have an old carbon filter laying around? Empty it out and fill it with your black bamboo. ;)

Water fittings might be a pain though.

5. I've never ever used an ignore feature on a web site, until now that is. I guess any attention, even if it's bad, is good for rev. Who could blame him? jorge set the precedence. Dumbness is good bidness.......MIW

6. George = Jorge

Touching isn't it?

7. Not really. Annoying is a little closer. And to think I could have used that ignore feature some 20 posts ago. Regrets, I've had a few........

8. This message is hidden because Cryptlord9999 is on your ignore list.

Best thing I've read today, lol. And that IS touching........MIW

9. I love straying threads.. :rolleyes: lol anybody ever throw any moss in their teas? Like the stuff you find on a wet forest floor, I hear it's full of life

10. percul8r615

Moss - algae. Kelp - marine algae.

BUT - huge differences in the various 'algae' from around the world. - [cite]

Bottom line - stick with brown kelp

HTH

LD

11. You're welcome!

12. #94 percul8r615, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
    For crypto

Attached Files:

13. Finally back on topic? Can we stay here please?

There should be a special section for back and forth bickering and bitching.

BeZ...V

14. Sheesh I leave for a few hours and look what happens...*lol*

Also the Rev has probly been growing weed for longer then youve been alive

I find out MIW is only a teenager...*lol*

ok - back to AACT recipes.

Quality compost and keep it simple. Dont add all sorts of stuff. Quality humus and a tiny bit of sweetener. Thats it. Brew 24-36 hours.

:)

jerry.

15. #97 Cryptlord9999, Dec 13, 2011
    Per gallon of water i use:
    0.5-1 cup compost and/or earth worm castings (if using just one use 1 cup per gallon, if using both, 0.5 cup of each)
    1 Teaspoon Bat and/or seabird guano (high N for veg, high P for flowering)
    1 Teaspoon Kelp Meal
    1 Teaspoon Alfalfa Meal (if using pellets use twice as much as the pellets take up more area then the meal would)
    1 Teaspoons Fish fertilizer (not fish emulsion the other kind)
    1 Tablespoon Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses (use half as much molasses if half way through flowering or more)
    (sorry i cant remember the measurement at the moment) Fox Farms Big Bloom (or any organic bloom booster, make sure its designed to feed microbes and has very little if any organic acids and is full of organic particles, you will be using very little bottled bloom booster so do not worry)

Bubble with an airstone for 24-48 hours

When i brew this tea the ppm usually ends up between 150-300, depending on water source used.

16. @cryptlord9999 can you please excuse yourself from my thread. You have provoked page after page of useless debate with members that I find useful.

Now if we could get on topic I almost feel like a thread that was meaningful to me has been ruined.

17. I didnt provoke anyone, they started attacking me when i posted this recipe and i was responding. They are quite childish.

18. #100 percul8r615, Dec 13, 2011
    Adding nutrients to a COMPOST tea is what's childish. Who the hell adds bottled pre made nutrients into an AACT? ?:rolleyes: