Post your AACT(Active Aerated Compost Tea) recipes

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Farm Dawg, Dec 7, 2011.

1. From the time I woke up this morning, took a shit, had breakfast, I had already forgotten more about organic food production, soil food web, IPM or probably anything else you could come up with.

Looking at 420 Skunk for anything other than a good laugh explains your innate confusion and incoherent posts.

You're welcome.

LD

2. #62 Cryptlord9999, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011

Your lack of common courtesy and respect just goes to show your not trying to teach/learn, your trying dominate others and seem more intelligent for your ego's sake.

You most likely have never read any of the Revs articles and therefore have no understanding of his ideals or techniques, to so easily dismiss a source of knowledge based solely on the fact its a marijuana magazine is both ignorant and illogical, all sources of knowledge should be explored, even if only learning what NOT to do, so either way you are still learning. Should we dismiss all knowledge from the internet based solely on the fact ANYONE can post ANYTHING without evidence to back it up? No, this is preposterous and an excuse to not have to think and learn, so far you have done nothing to convince me that my organic methods are any less valid.

Also what is 420 Skunk? the publication is just called Skunk magazine.

3. #63 MI Wolverine, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

Strangely enough you liked Eco's post in this thread, if your all that knowledgeable, you would have noticed he rebuked you and the horse's ass (rev) you rode in on.

I'm reminded of PT Barnums quote, of a sucker born every minute. I guess you deserve rev......MIW

4. From our resident intellectual you have this post to smirk and laugh over.

Just a suggestion - go for the GED first. See how that plays out.

LD

5. #65 Cryptlord9999, Dec 12, 2011
    and you can point out where he proved me wrong? He seemed to back me up lol, the tea i use has a balanced food supply for a balance microbial tea, so what part did he prove me wrong in his comment? please do point it out. Because as far as i can tell its just more theories and opinions? even though i agree it doesnt mean its correct.

The reason i change from a high N guano to a high P guano, if that is what your referring to, is because im trying to allow different species of microbes to thrive in my microbial tea, species that are meant more for the flowering stage. Im not trying to produce a nutrient tea.

6. I did ask at the beginnig of my thread that everyone be respectful of one another. There's nothing wrong with debating a subject but disrespect solves nothing.
    thanks farm dawg.

7. Dude what are you even talking about?

8. Cryptolord agrees yet uses personal insults continuously.

Too funny.

9. Your the most judgmental, insulting person ive met on grasscity yet, also i dont use personal insults continuously. Reading previous comments would prove this.

10. I'm just sad I wrote this long response, only to have it buried in under 30 minutes!

11. A post worthy of reposting, thank you. :)

12. Look closer, see if (eco)mentions guano, or bloom boosters, or piling on nutrients at all, in a microbe style tea. There is a reason, and that has been pointed out to you repeatedly.

What your not trying to produce (nutrient tea) is exactly what your making.....sheeese......it's past time to shut up, and read.....real science, not rev science.

That your butt is sore is on you my friend. You will learn more reading the stickies than you will ever get in a stoner magazine, by far.

Next time you say microbes are here,or there, or especialy claims of what they are, be specific, and provide sites. BTW Sites are not, because rev said so,lol......MIW

13. Eco12

Good post and solid information as usual.

I 'think' that part of confusion over the bacteria vs. fungi dominant teas came from the earliest days of the AACT. Part of this was a misunderstanding of what Jeff was trying to say in his book perhaps? (question - not a statement)

But damn it stuck! Go to any cannabis board and the debate rages on this topic. I've always just stuck with the recipes I got from you and Microbeman. I grow good plants of all stripes and persuasions.

What I can say with exactness is that the humus source is the only thing to really consider. In the past I've used Yelms castings, Marwest castings, Vital Earth's castings, my own EWC, KIS Hi-Fungi Compost - start with mediocre humus and you'll end up with mediocre results/benefits.

I'm down to using the KIS compost and my own EWC - the rest are wasted money and effort. I can do far better using 1 cup of a Comfrey botanical tea than I could ever see using Yelms or the rest of the also-rans.

Just my opinion as usual.

LD

14. #74 Cryptlord9999, Dec 12, 2011

LOL thats exactly NOT what im doing, if you would have read my previous posts youd realize the recipe is not a nutrient tea. Also no offense but most ppl on grasscity dont know fuck all about growing weed, most of the shit on here is misinformation. Im someone who is GOING TO SCHOOL for this stuff, i dont just get all my information from the internet and i grow more then just cannabis, i also grow vegetables, herbs, spices, trees etc. Prove my tea is a nutrient tea and not microbial? Im not adding bottle nutrients full of organic acids that act in a similar way as chelating salts in in-organic nutrients, so no my friend you just like to think you know more then you do. If you did your research youd know Fox Farm big bloom is designed and developed to feed your soil mix and is full of large organic particles, any "bottled" fish nutes or bloom boosters are used to feed the microbes, im feeding the microbes so the populations can grow, a "nutrient tea" is much different.

Oh and by the way, when i use a TDS meter to test PPM of my microbial tea its usually only between 150-250 PPM, depending on how long i brew it for. If i was using the Fox Farm Big Bloom it would be between 175-375

15. Damn! The ignore feature really works!

Yay!

16. laughs and laughs

Best thing since unsliced bread. ;)

17. LOL spoken like a true red neck, you expect me to do research and prove to you my methods, yet when asked to disprove them you cant? Thats odd =) lol You also havent backed up any of your own claims so dont act so self righteous and demeaning.

18. I could have used this feature with my first and second wives - damn!

19. ;)

If only eh?

Whats this topic again? Must be getting senile.

20. Eco12

The bamboo charcoal that I ordered arrived today. My initial plan for this was to dip my toe into the biochar deal.

In Japan bamboo charcoal is used at a municipal level as part of water purification. I'm starting with snow melt from the Mt. Hood National Forest so it's not like 'city water' but if you have any ideas on setting up a water filtration system let me know.

I was thinking about using a 36" piece of PVC pipe filled with charcoal with a cap with a drain nipple on the bottom. Something simple like that perhaps?

LD