Post your 4 wheeling stories here

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PaintballToker, May 25, 2011.

1. My friend and I were 4 wheeling through the bush when we slowed down for a break in an open clearing. Pulling some catwalks and shit, i try to go no hands over some bumps going 30km/h. Needless to say, I lost control and my foot sliped under the wheel awkwardly and got stuck! My friend figured out after 5 seconds that it wasnt a joke and lifted the ass end of the grizzly off the ground. I slipped it into 4 wheel drive so the front tires could propel me forward and miraculously my foot was just sprained badly: not broken!

2. I'm gonna find the youtube video to go with this story

3. When I lived in southern cali one of my friends owned like 5 acres and had a quading path.
    Well I went out for my turn, (hadnt riden his path before) he assured me all would be good, i can go fast and no worry about short turns and what not.

Well I was going like 40 and I saw this patch, and decided to play it safe and slow way down, well I get to like prob 15 or so and bam, im in a hole, haha. Fucker failed to mention there was a narrow path with a hole on one side. nearly broke my right leg because the quad was an inch form landing on it. my ankle ended up between the wheel and the bottom all i came out with was a fat cut on my side of my left leg haha

4. I raced motocross.
    ONLY sober but i was a young'in

5. Haha, two days ago I was reversing out of a driveway path on a hill.
    The quad has no brakes, you have to downshift to slow down.
    The battery shorted out as I was backing up, so needless to say, there I was rolling backwards down a 3 foot wide gravel drive, pretty steep angle.
    I was trying to force it to shift into neutral and then into first to at least pull a wheelie and get going forward.
    Damn ESP transmissions.
    So as a last ditch effort, I tried to pull a switchblade maneuver (A sharp 180 turn)
    To start heading downhill in the right direction.
    I didn't have enough inertia to fully perform it, so the quad ended up backing into the hill on the side and flipping over.
    Luckily I pushed myself away quickly enough and landed on my back, and stopped it from rolling on top of me.
    Just some road rash and a bump on the head.

The quad was blocking the drive (Upside down mind you) As a truck approached.
    I was like "ok, uhm can you help me dude?"
    And the guy just stared as I managed to flip it back over, pushing it uphill, then dragging it while still in gear off the path.

He drove past me and didn't even look at me.
    Had to call my gf to come and jump the battery, then drove that bitch back to the fort.

=]
    Nothing a script of Oxy wouldn't fix

6. One time we went riding in Blythe Arizona and me and my step sister share a red Honda quad, so any ways long story short, we went riding very far away from camp and didn't tell anyone where we were going, so we get all the way in some hills in the middle of no where and the quad turns off...FUCK! I checked the gas and it was DRY! I started panicking thinking id die out here in the middle of no where. My step sister said she would go walking all the way back to camp while I stayed and took care of the quad (I was 16, step sister was 12) LMAO how could I send a little girl three miles on foot to go get help? Oh well don't really like her anyway's haha. I sat there for like 2 and a half hours and I was like fukk it, she's dead! Then I see my step dad coming from way far with a gas can and I'm like thank god. When I got back to camp I seen my step sister sitting down all tired, turns out as she was on the way back to camp, she encountered a snake, rolled down two hills tumbling, and fell three times. Ah family gotta love em! Best vacation everrr!

7. #7 KrazySmokerHome, May 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011
    Ahh, My story just so happened on a Red Honda as well
    A 2001 Rancher ES 350 to be specific

Here's the damage to my back
    Feelsouchman

[​IMG]

I wasn't wearing anything but a T-shirt, luckily I had jeans on.
    Looks about like the time I layed my Kaw900 Down doing about 70 in the rain, with a leather jacket on.