Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Post Tonsillectomy

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JimmyFloyd, May 29, 2013.

1. okay, so google has done nothing but frustrate me concerning this because I keep getting those "marijuana is bad" answers. I'm 22 years old and an everyday pot smoker. last monday, may 20 I got a tonsillectomy and I'm on post op day 10. I'm trying to figure out when I can smoke again. I have no intention to smoke at least until I hit the 2 week mark because I'm terrified of bleeding. can I get some help or some personal experiences? side note: I dont have a vape or any access to one so please dont tell me to vape.

2. just ask your doctor when you can smoke; you don't have to tell him what you're smoking but it really doesn't matter at all if you do, not like he's gonna write you a ticket or tattle to the cops lol. actually its probably best if your doctor knows you smoke weed, then he can further personalize your care 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Edibles.

/end thread

Lol jk. Any smoke will irritate it, so I'd try edibles for the time being

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

but OPs question was "how long till I can SMOKE?" not "how long till I can get high?"

also if he's anything like me than edibles will just put him to sleep and are not at all a viable replacement for smoking. Not knockin em, I loooove some edibles on the right occasion, but on a regular basis thats a big no go 

5. #5 Perking_Duck, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    but OPs question was "how long till I can SMOKE?" not "how long till I can get high?"

also if he's anything like me than edibles will just put him to sleep and are not at all a viable replacement for smoking. Not knockin em, I loooove some edibles on the right occasion, but on a regular basis thats a big no go
    </blockquote>Totally understandable! Never had tonsillectomy, but have smoked with extreme sored throats before, pretty sure it's not the same level of pain...
    But what I did was take a sip of water, and the very beginning millisecond of swallowing it, try to hold it where the back of the throat is, then take a rip.
    Swallow the water as fast u can after the hit, because if u cough, there's a good chance the water will be coming outta ur nose.

Keep in mind it still hurt.
    But def hurt a little less tho.

Idk if this would help

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Letting your doctor know that you smoke Marijuana is not a bad idea, it's not necessary but it cannot hurt you. The Hippocratic Oath and Physician-Patient privilege protects you. Pretty much, your doctor can't be used against you in court, rendering useless if he were to tattle on you. Having your doctor know can't hurt you at all, and if it makes you feel any better, remember that your doctor has probably encountered heroine, meth, etc. usage in his patients as well.

I would probably wait maybe another 1-2 weeks [Mid-June] until you start smoking again. If you are looking to get high, edibles or oil caps are your new best friend.