Post those SCROG screens

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by uneek, Jan 23, 2013.

• Like Like x 1
  1. I get asked that a lot. Really an outdoor trick for small plants that cutworms wrap around and climb and eat foliage. I kept finding holes and slices on leaves so I wrapped them with foil so they can't climb and sprayed with spinosad. Problem solved. Don't ask how they got indoor. Most likely a moth got in and layed an egg which turned to a worm.

Here's how it turned out.

1463780387025.jpg
    1463780435477.jpg
    1463780460421.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. Be careful that you don't water the foil area. It will trap water and mold.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes, thank you. I was explaining my screen (I believe on my first post on this thread) and mentioned "...the string had a name, but the name escapes me..."

Been bugging me ever since...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm a mason. I have pretty much an unlimited supply

• Like Like x 2
  5. Braided is stronger then twisted and has less give to it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. @buckethead129 man, I totally agree with literally everything you said in your last reply to me. We have been blessed with such an amazing plant. Full of wonder and endless possibilities. Growing it, and learning more about it every day, is an incredibly rewarding thing.

The thing about smoking it - yeah, totally just a great side effect.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  7. Redid mine muchhh better IMG_20160630_010717627.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've abandoned the screen and just tie down. Works better for me having the separate veg and flower rooms. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hello,

I am going to be scrogging for the first time. I have decided to do this because growing multiple plants in one space has proved to be less than optimal and for legal reasons I would like to get down to one plant two AT MOST.
    I have chosen to go with a 20 gallon smart pot in the 5x5 tent I have with a 1000 watt light. Is it too advantageous to think one plant can fill a 5x5? I have chosen Sour Diesel for the strain as it tends to yield decently and gives a bit of stretch in flower. FYI I will be growing in soil.

10. You can do 1 plant. You'll be in veg longer though. I run a 4x8 with 8 plants...so 4x4 with 4. I personally would go with 2 vs. 1. Good luck

11. I found an old gorilla rack that I was able to modify for my outdoor girl!

12. I found an old gorilla rack that I was able to modify for my outdoor girl!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I did a shit ton of lst on her before leaves started touching screen. Once they started growing thru I worked her more and pulled the branches out towards the edge. Screen size 36" by 40"
    1470697080124.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  14. Thanks for posting this. It's exactly what I was planning to do and wasn't sure how it would do.
    Thank you
    ~Dove~

15. [​IMG][​IMG]

Could have been more full but I lost a whole crop last round while on vacation. My garden didn't get watered while I was gone like I had asked and i came back to devastation. So, I got impatient this round due to empty jars and flipped when I was only about 80% full.

Anyway, this round is 24k, aka kosher tangie. We're at day 38 since flip to 12/12. This pheno is generally around 55-60 days so shouldn't be too much longer.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1