Post those SCROG screens

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by uneek, Jan 23, 2013.

1. I've been training my photo plants since my 3rd grow and I've never looked back. These plants are resilient and bounce back quickly. Most professional growers use HST in one way or another. What's WAY harder on the plant than topping/fimming is cloning! And yet that's how many grow.

Also note that I always grow from seed. They are much more resilient to topping than clones. I don't think clones should be topped at all. But training and topping has increased my yields incredibly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. This. Exactly. I'm running the SAME and it's amazing.

3. Yo, with that space, have you considered or done SoG? I'm really curious to try it since I have SOME room now (8Lx8Wx8H). If you've tried it, let me know. I hear people are pulling CRAZY pounds/light.

4. I only started growing again bout a year ago or so. 20+ years ago I grew using SOG w/ ebb n flow table. Not sure if the results were any better than scrog. I personally won't be goin that route again. My grow is legal the way it is and boosting up my plant count just puts me at risk. 3LB's from 8 plants is working fine for me...hopefully next run when i switch from 7 gal pots to 15 gal smarties that yeild will go up.

5. Sup guys :)

Just saw this thread and thought I'd drop a few pictures.

I've been scrogging for some years now and this is what I use. It's a moular scrog that will fit into pretty much any size pot, rectangular or circular. For those so interested: 1/8" holes, spaced 1.5 inches apart. I push the legs down into the soil until the screen is 10 inches above the soil, this way I can get under there and water and whatnot. Plus I can move the pots around and mess with them.

File under: FWIW IMAG0310.jpg IMAG0306.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  6. UPDATE: I added some LEDs for the last few weeks of flower. Doesn't seem like much until you kill the HIDs.

Maybe some one can answer this for me too. I added the LEDs because I wanted to get more light to the under-canopy.

Is it OK to light upward from underneath the netting?

I wasn't sure if it would cause any strange growth changes or something weirder.

Full lights
    20160513_183559.jpg
    20160513_183604.jpg

Now just the LEDs.
    20160513_183650.jpg
    20160513_183647.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. IMG_20160515_014322.jpg tent n screen set up. 2 seedlings under platinum p300 LED.. One jiffy cup w a sprout working it's way up , which I should hopefully see dirt breaking tomorrow. Sherri be full in a couple months!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Have you used this rig before? I'm curious how you like the more rigid net made of garden tie. I'm only doing my first ScrOG and went string. I'm seeing some potential disadvantages to the string being so flexible during flower. It was amazing during veg for simplicity, but I could see potential for a rigid net being better in the end and worth the struggle during veg.

Just curious. Thanks mate!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hey dude what's good actually yes this is my first tent grow over every other time was just kind of half-assed no ventilation attempts I'm actually putting some money up front so that it'll pay off in the end and to answer your question I just had those Garden ties very tight and also used to the occasional zip tie to even out some of the squares and tighten it up first time with a high-end LED I'll keep you posted if you want. Ps- I read EVERYWHERE that twine, chicken wire (metal you'll have to cut out of your nugs) n fixtures from twine on your super sticky nugs nooo!! This stuff was perfect it's like soft rubber wrapped around a bendable wire..

10. BTW I'm

11. Yeah, it sounds like we read a lot of the same resources. I just looked at pictures of the most impressive scrog grows out there and looked at what they were using. "Independent research" from the articles I was reading. Majority used string (not twine) so I rolled with that.

I use garden ties in all my grows, one way or another. I've even used it on this grow with some heavy headed ladies that fell over.

Let me know how the tucking goes - mad curious. It was a bitch with string just because of how careful you have to be when tucking. I feel like the string would be the easiest to use for tucking. If garden tie proves to tuck nicely, I might switch it up. :)

Thanks!

12. yea man, the texture of it (and sturdiness of screen for that matter are nice and taught..they should tuck VERY nicely, as any resin that happens to rub off will certainly stay on that almost faux-rubber coating.. lol, cannabis cultivation will turn you into the biggest OVER WORRIER ever huh? lo. I'm talking bout myself included dude! I'm pretty sure even a 20 minute thrown together screen will work jus as fine as one like mine where i spent about 5 days completing it.. lol.. i can't ask for a better tent location in that room.. on account of placement of Central AC vent, door to vent out of, AND, awesome exhaust system.. i can't believe I'm finally pouting this much effort into one of my fav hobbies i could never afford to fully dive into! smoking is just a bonus .. lol fine tuning your smoke, from crap to miss to LOOUDD i zoo fun, learning the nutes it needs t what times.. when to water... BUGS!! it can be a real pain in tha ass real quick dude..

• Like Like x 1
  13. If you use string get masons line. You can pull it so it doesn't give like twine or string. Plus it doesn't have all the fuzzy crap. It's super easy to use

14. hey killset, haven't seen you lurking here much. how's that new bed and your autos doing? I ending up going with 15 gal dirt pots. They're still in the box as i have to finish this run. Looking forward to getting those goin with SIPs. Set up a half ass sip in my veg and really like the results thus far.

15. Busy time of the year. I'm lucky to have a few free hours. I haven't got back to my scrog yet so I have yet to use the bed.

The autos are doing surprisingly well. They outgrew my tents and I had to make a make shift area to handle the overflow. Other then misjudging their size I'm very pleased[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. damn!... they're looking nice. Time is something I nvr have enough of either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. One plant, 5G DWC filling a 2x3 screen.
    [​IMG]