Post questions you thought were too stupid to ask

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Volcano South, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ^^ Good answer.

Also keep in mind that simple structures can help create a beach.

Growing up we built a tiny wall of rocks on the edge of the lake, out into the water about 12 feet and about 2 feet wide and high. This was on the edge of the property as the prevailing winds blow. After a few years the beach had filled in rather nicely.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Why are YouTube comments such a hateful, toxic place?

Anyone have in-depth answers besides... 'anonimity & the internets'?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Probably because the internet is often a hateful, toxic place. It's a possibly cliche/condensed answer, but sadly it's the truth.
    My theory? 90% of the vileness is coming from particular Millennials that:

* Feel 'protected' via the glass computer screen and therefore feel that it's perfectly fine to degrade and bully - 'keyboard warriors'.

* Haven't had adequate/correct parenting and are socially lost/frightened, causing them to lash out at others.

* See it as perfectly normal/acceptable to treat others this way, almost some sort of 'hazing ritual' mindset, because, after all, they had to be bullied/degraded to be allowed 'in', so....

* Etc.

There is simply no accountability, and herein lies the problem - The internet, by nature, can easily nurture an environment of disrespect for humanity, bullying, and an utter lack of empathy.....I think we've all seen this over and over in recent years. (the site '4 chan' as example?)
    When we've willingly created a playground where any 14-year-old brimming with angst, racist tendencies, and warped social views can hop on mom's computer and go on Hitler-like tirades, well, what can we expect, really?
    Imagine a world where grotesque, mean-spirited, cellar dwelling social outcasts set the 'gold standard' of how we are all supposed to conduct ourselves in a massive open forum - We are through the looking glass now, Alice!
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's scary to think about, really. I try to treat people the way I'd like to be treated. Sometimes I say dumb things when I'm drunk or bored.. but I don't feel any genuine hatred or anger toward people on the internet I don't know. I feel sorry for those who do... especially YouTubers who dedicate entire YouTube channels to just talking bad about certain groups of people they neither like nor understand.

5. Very little I have ever seen on Youtube was worth the time wasted to watch it...

6. Aww man, you haven't looked in the right crannies then.
    Here is an example;
    :smoke:

Lol, wouldn't you know it, instead of the 7 Youtube links, I grab a Daily link instead.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Youtube videos are okay but the community is horrible. You can learn a lot about things on youtube, a lot about computers for one. It has its place but I'd be ok if they disabled comments.

8. Funny enough, all I watch is YouTube on my TV. I pay for Netflix but I always end up on YouTube. Lots of quality content from hard working people. Any interest you have has its own subculture of creators devoted to the topic.

9. I can't see comments on my TVs YouTube app. So when I'm watching YouTube I never see the hate. It's such a small part of YouTube since you can easily avoid it by not scrolling down. The community is actually pretty incredible. Dedicated fans exist on everyone's channels from big to small and you'll always see appreciation videos from almost every creator at subscriber milestones who love their community and all the support from it

10. I agree there's lots of good content on youtube...I only posted that comment to bump a drug related thread.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey guys, so I became sick last night with a stomach ache, vomiting, nausea and does anyone know if I should take a break from weed or if weed would help this problem. I woke up last night sick and I smoked about 30 minutes afterwards and it helped my nausea but fell asleep pretty quick.

Should I wait a few days or light up? thxs

12. Very easily could be a stomach virus or bacterial infection (either from contaminated or possibly spoiled food or a plethora of other sources).

If anything, smoking makes me feel better when I am nauseated

• Like Like x 2
  13. Funny you should post that now, I am in the process of packing a bowl lol

But yeah I don't think it'll make the nausea worse either but we are going to find out in about 10 minutes :GettingStoned:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Verdict,

It helps but smoking is harsh when your not feeling well, less then enjoyable session but if you can get it in you. Weed helps stomach aches. I probably should have cooked it but fuck waiting and cooking. I am actually pretty stoned so lol :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  15. What is the "Ego"?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Frozen waffles

17. Hmm makes sense

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. :the opinion that you have about yourself

psychology : a part of the mind that senses and adapts to the real world

Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm not about to read through 80 pages to find out how your pre 98 seeds grew out. I was researching a little trying to find some good 98 seeds, was wondering how yours turned out?

20. I am bumping an old thread, but does anybody know if it's possible to delete a post? I accidentally posted an extraneous post and would like to get rid of it if possible.