Post pics of your PETS.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by dvskidsec, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Same here, we have a heard of "pet" deer that live in the back field
    20190215_174901.jpg

They are kept in line by the king of my jungle the mighty "Cheetah Cat" (what can I say, the kids named him literally), 18lbs of F4 bengal cat fury (we rescued him about 6 years ago from a breeder that was shut down)
    20220729_124723af43.jpg

20210523_082435a33sa.jpg

Top pic he is eating a small garter snake he drug up to the top of the swingset (he drags rabbits, mice, chipmunks, anything he can kill, up to a tree or high spot to consume like his wild brethren, its a trip, watching an 18lb cat drag a 5-6lb rabbit carcass up a tree)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I love LOVE your Bengal cat !!
    How cool is that !!

Life in the country is a whole different world.
    Some folks that have never been exposed to it or are used to living in the city are surprised to see wildlife as pets.

I’m a good steward of my land . It’s in much better shape now than when I bought it. I don’t over hunt it, and protect it from any nefarious activity.

I planted an orchard which is like a fortress. Lol
    Nothing can get in or out . I’ve worked to hard over the years to let the deer or bears in there, but I do collect all of the fruit that falls on the floor and throw it in a pile by the river . They absolutely love that.

It be pretty cool to find an orphaned bear . I would definitely raise it if for some reason mom wasn’t around.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. So beautiful I have to comment on it again !!
    Lovely !

Pleasure to make your acquaintance @Misanthropevet.
    Everyone around here know me as Foggy.

4. So cool to see and read the stories behind these photo's.
    I love my doggie, and know what he means to me.
    I had a friend who had 65 pound South American Mountain lion and at times it roamed the house freely ,
    The only time i visited that was in the house and decided it was going to sit next to me and wanted to be petted.
    Then it yawned and I saw its teeth, If I said that didn't scare me Everyone on this forum should be calling me out because yes I was scared, I kept petting the cat because he would rub his head against me aggressively.

My Baloo, and he can be real escape artist too.
    He will get out the kennel by un doing all the latches . get a old wrapper out the trash and take it back into the kennel. I guess to show me he isn't dumb . also a stoner
    20190718_133937 (1).jpg
    20190623_160707 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. He is a long boy, thick too, feels like a rottweiler muscle-wise when you pet his front shoulders 20220709_080254.jpg

No problem mate! Seems like my family lives a lot like yours, although more suburban (we bought up and combined about 15 acres of lots next to a subdivision so we sit between that, and pretty much "rural route X".
    20210318_133941.jpg
    I grew up deep in the back hills though, down by Bluefield, VA, now closer up towards Harrisonburg.
    20201105_125936.jpg
    During the spring summer, I put some temp fencing around the center garden to keep the deer out, and string a small electric line along the top of the board fence, I leave it on and it does a decent job of keeping the deer out, but in the fall, winter, I let them roam.

We actually specifically looked for a "big" cat to rescue years back, as our smaller "normal" cats would often be driven inside by foxes or coyotes. Cheetah has come back home many times beaten, but as of yet unbowed. (We do wish he would stay indoors more, but he will mark and yowl all night if hes prevented from "patrolling" or guarding the house, he takes walks with the kids and has a temperament closer to a protective dog (he will nip kids pants and pull them towards the house if he hears loud cars coming down the road)

Likewise he will only eat cat food as a last resort (typically when we get a big snow and he can't hunt), instead preferring birds, rabbits, small groundhogs, etc.
    20190611_085310.jpg 20200119_093505.jpg
    Like yourself, the wife and I have been spending the last few years making our "forest fortress" in the neighboorhood, I've terraced a few 12+ foot retaining walls, cleared out a couple of like 1/2 acre clearings we are eventually turning into an outdoor living area, strolling garden where I try and often fail at various ornamental plants and shurbs.

I wouldn't live anywhere else
    20220528_052948.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. That’s a handsome fella. I love dogs and big cats . He looks like a very smart canine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. That’s awesome !
    If I ever got a cat , I would want one like yours .

• Like Like x 2
  8. IMG_5539.JPG IMG_5541.JPG 20141128_135940.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Wow way cool . I HAD a 17 acer Island here in northern Nevada, trees deer , shit ton of beavers and birds.
    About 5.5 years ago I got flooded out, lost everything, My wife and I was not getting along to make things worse.
    I ended up buying double wide trailer, paying cash for it , but wiping out everything in my bank account.
    Where I live is some what remote, its 375 mile round trip to go see my doctors in Reno.
    I am 450 miles north of Las Vegas , 250 miles south of boice/angelis. HA ha and 400 miles west of Salt Lick city .

The wind blows in Nevada because Utah sucks LOL PS there is some killer scenery in Utah ..

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks,
    Allot of members in here have allot of things in common, like animal lovers.
    He was on his way to be put down, He is like a 29 palms Marine base reject.
    Caught him on the way to where was being taken to be destroyed.
    I paid the person,, it was like he handed me the leash and left .
    Baloo was so thin, you could see every rib from way far away .
    He couldn't lay down like in the photos and keep his balance ,, I thought he would die .
    But he is my doggie and I love him
    Thanks for the like , and love your photo's

He has problems, makes taking him with almost impossible.
    But he is too beautiful of animal to be put down. he is good once I can introduce him to people.
    Don't make sudden moves. He comes on really strong at first meetings.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I spent my career in the Navy before leaving in 01.
    I’m surprised they gave you the dog like that.
    Lucky for him and you

There is a process that requires a lot of paperwork and patience in order to acquire a military dog that is either being retired or are rejected.

One in every five hundred might meet the requirements .
    Military dogs that have gone through that type of training and are battle tested are not for the faint of heart nor for the average person wanting to adopt a dog.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. When I got him was after worse surgery i have ever had ,
    The marine that I got him from I think he had this dog on base illegally.
    Something was weird, but I really didnt care, just wanted the dog no questions asked.
    Starving the dog was criminal not sure how a Marine can do that but it wasn't the right time to say anything.
    When The marine handed me the leash and left, 20190313_143454(0).jpg Baloo didnt seem to care at all.
    Right before I got Baloo
    i was cut both sides of my groin about 14 inches long from my waist down three time to replace my arteries that go from one side of your body to the other right above your private parts and below my belly button.
    First two surgeries failed, last surgery they cut me open and left me open without stitching me up because I get infections.
    Spent a year recovering from surgery and on a wound vac machine .
    I got baloo about two months after that surgery . had to be careful he didnt jump om me and open me up .
    I didnt do photos of my groin surgery. just looking at what they did pretty much made me cry when looked in the mirror after the surgery. these are the nice photos ..

This is my lower l calf and left leg , I took the photos and without pain meds .
    20190222_092126 (1).jpg
    This is my leg infected
    20190228_210022 (1).jpg 20190313_143454(0).jpg

I was off the coast during the fall of Saigon.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Damn buddy, my heart goes out to you.

I was hurt in Afghanistan in December of 09. I left the Navy in 2001 , and went right to work with Blackwater USA.
    I was at Forward Operation Base Chapman and I lost 7 of my men that day to a suicide bomber and nearly lost my life.
    I’ve had a bunch of surgeries myself.
    That’s how I was introduced to cannabis.

• Like Like x 1
  15. czd
    wow pretty impressive .
    I was a Boiler Tech BT. 74-78
    I never saw combat.
    I was on a Anti sub ship, Sub Tracker.
    Heavy equipment/mining equipment mechanic. I took a horticulture class at UNR on the VA.
    If your rated 100% the VA will pay for all college and pay you to go .

• Like Like x 1
  16. I went back to school and learned woodworking .
    I was already an avid hobby woodworker, but I figured I had some time on my hands, so I took advantage of it and went back to school. Lol

One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Cool on the wood working. Me too.
    I apprenticed under a well known Custom cue maker. and made Custom pool cues for about a decade.
    I am a turner.
    I have converted metal lathes so I can cut wood on them by using live cutters on the tool post.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. That’s so badass !!

• Like Like x 1
  19. IMG_0080.JPG

• Like Like x 2