Post-Pandemic Garden: sativa, indica, blends.

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by WeeDroid, Mar 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. #221 WeeDroid, Oct 16, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    :rave-girl::hello::dance2::jump::yay::yay::yay::geek:

Harvest time my friends. These are the oldest buds at the very top of the gal. These could have gone a few more days. I harvested these as I could not get a good look at the resin glands until after I cut the colas off. So the rest of the buds I’ll be processing periodically.
    NOTE TO SELF: Make the space between the window and the trellis screen wide enough to accommodate a step stool.

Very very stoked!

Wait no more.

668C6107-38B2-4ACF-99E7-EC64107A1FD2.jpeg 0CDAC897-0571-43EC-93FB-E9FAC7855B26.jpeg CF6B69C0-AB91-4A76-9D37-246E98881D5E.jpeg C88E294A-7FCF-46B7-A8BC-72C71D66C161.jpeg 76A9FDF0-18B6-4207-A421-0741C57765A5.jpeg 00B7EA73-AF59-4578-A08B-74CAFC10133C.jpeg B676BF7E-5487-462C-97ED-FE919F6C4A7C.jpeg EFA2A802-8FD6-4E87-8A68-8F92ACC4A5E4.jpeg 7436B82F-104B-44B0-8360-E8F67298DDD2.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looking good @WeeDroid. I have a Maui Waui in veg. right now. It's one of my fall/winter photo-periods I'm running this year.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cheers Tim! :passtheshit:
    Good luck with that Hawaiian beauty!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Great looking buds! Love the idea of serious sustainability using little electricity as possible!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. awwww, thanks so very much. :geek:
    It turned out much better than I had expected!

The two cola tips pictured just above are hanging and drying. They are staying dense as they dry which is very encouraging. I’ll be harvesting some more of those in a couple of days.

I’m having to use my air pump to keep my organic tea aerated so that was a small let down. Hopefully I can do without that next year by using a bigger pot and top dressing earlier.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I'm growing a 100% pure sativa called 2046 from a Spain Breeder medical seeds Co. Its a pure haze this is my 3rd attempt to grow it as its a 15 week sativa...and very very hungry plant....it would eat children if they weren't careful lol! "Joke" but seriously this plant is a bombshell f a plant it stacks nodes like no other sativa I've grown! I'll snag a pic as it's feeding time soon. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Forgive my jungle I was late to the party for everything on this run...lots of mistakes were made even with my experience I had so much going on at once in life. 20211018_205842.jpg 20211018_205837.jpg 20211018_205831.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. #228 WeeDroid, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    that’s a beautiful garden!
    My last indoor growing attempts (2010) with lights, forced air, dehumidifier, etc really killed my desire to grow. Likewise I had a lot going on and was overwhelmed. Especially with anxiety.

This grow was a very deliberate look at maximum output with minimal effort. Now to refine my attempts for next years grow.

The significant drawbacks;

1) It blocks a lot of natural light for the kitchen. Not so bad in the summer and I have skylights, but as fall creeps into winter, I’m missing the sun. Luckily I have another tall window in my living room.
    2) The odors. They (green, flowering, compost tea) are a bit overwhelming. I may have a solution though, or at least a decent band-aid.
    3) It limits my social life a bit. Hopefully I can build a nice cabinet looking enclosure for next year (this year was a feasibility study). If I can do that and mitigate the smell, I may not have to put the dogs out when I grow.

edited to add

4) Being a natural light grow I’m forced to work in harmony with the seasons.

• Like Like x 2
  9. A wee bit of harvesting before going to work.

198B41DA-2950-4D1B-A877-9FFF2C8B0B67.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Still lots of harvesting ahead.
    548204BA-E8DB-4A93-B189-177BF75A5D5E.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. So the bud in post 229 was harvested from the back side of the trellis screen, the side away from the window. It’s a bit more leafy and less dense than buds harvested on the window side of the trellis,
    I was in a bit of a hurry when I harvested that group of buds from the top but, away from the window side of the trellis.

• Like Like x 2
  12. So some notes on feeding/watering;

I knew I shouldn’t be feeding so late into the start of the flowering cycle, but I went ahead and did it anyway.
    A late ingredient to my compost tea was liquid fish emulsion. Which I could taste in the popcorn buds I harvested early on.

Yuck! It wasn’t too bad (I was vaping the herb with a Pax), but I won’t make that mistake again!

The gal is on a strict water diet now. I should also mention that the soil in the 3 gallon pot is so dense that watering is difficult. I’m doing light watering twice a day on average rather than a drench every few days.

• Like Like x 2
  13. So my first harvest (October 15, 2021) was placed in a jar today for curing. So cured bud by thanksgiving!

I have two other harvests drying now.
    As I may have mentioned, since this is a sativa I expect multiple small harvests.

It’s pouring rain here now. All of the outdoor growers have already harvested their entire crops.

I found this information for drying/curing very helpful. It’s been a while.
    How to dry and cure cannabis

• Like Like x 1
  14. I prefer wet trimming and dry hanging limbs for 7-10 days in a room with 70 degree temperature and 60-70% relative humidity. I test when I believe it's ready to jar by filling one quart jar half full and throw in a hygrometer. Then seal the jar for a few hours. If the hygrometer measures between 55-60% relative humidity I jar the rest and begin my cure. We all dry/cure a little different. This works well for me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. #235 WeeDroid, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    Sounds great, thank you Tim!
    I much prefer wet trimming. Someday I may be old enough for a hygrometer!

I wait until the stems almost, but not quite crunch. Then I jar.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I usually go by the smallest branches crack but not completely separate. I've only over dried once and after that I purchased several Inkbird hygrometers. I just hate to ever waste a crop to a mistake I can easily avoid.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. If I may ask, which model? Not sure how that works is why I am asking.
    Do you leave just a sensor in the sealed jar and monitor the levels? Pop the lid off and then take a reading?

I just passed the popo test. I had one parked and standing in my neighbors driveway, literally 20 feet from my grow window.
    Watched him put his shotgun away. :cop:

Apparently there was some action at an apartment complex down the road from me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I use these.
    They cost a little more than the cheap ones. But, are much more accurate. I fill a test quart jar 1/2 full. Then place my hygrometer on top of the bud and close the lid. Look through the glass jar in an hour or two to get your relative humidity reading. I bet you were worried they were there for you. I used to get that way too. Since they busted me... They have never bother me again.Technically it's still illegal here until the rules and regulations are written for home growing. But, the police have their hands tied as no enforcement laws have been written either. The way our bill was written and signed into law, it states effective immediately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Good old ny lol never stopped us b4 though so fuggit haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Here's some of that 2046 I burnt with the bulb IMG_8320.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1