post harvest Q's?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TokenMcToker, Jan 20, 2008.

1. ok, i had a quick Q... what do you do with a plant after you harvest? do you let it grow back from where you cut the stem? do you discard the plant that was in the pot?

also, when cloning, how fast does the mother plant re-coop from the cuttings for new clones? how many mother plants do most people have? can you take clones off a plant before harvesting?

i have so many questions on this..

2. as far as mothers go, you should be able to take between 10 and 30 cuttings every 14 days based on proper nutes and light.

If your justlooking for a personal grow, most people keep 1 good mother for every strain they really enjoy (usually like 2-3 of their favorites, or like 6) and when they want to grow a certain type of plant, they take a cutting from its mother. that way they have constant variety.

As far as I know, if you want to revegg at all you needed to leave some of the flowers on the plant and some of the vegg/fan leaves that didnt turn to unhealthy during the flower, than place the plant directly into 24/0 light. if you cut the plant off and leave a stump, im pretty sure you wont get anything out of it. Even a seed comes out with cotyledons (2 tiny leaves), so by cutting it all off theres no photosynthesis. not sure how it would work.

but as for moms, keep 1 plant for every species you can/enjoy growing and that should be sufficient.

if your trying to grow a bunch, do the math based off of the individual plants, some mothers you can take 30 cuttins from, others only 5 or 10. its plant specific.