Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Possibly being set up by the police?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Hey guys,

It recently became rather dry in my area and so I decided to hit up an old co-worker of mine who went to the local high school around here a few years ago to see if he had some or knew someone. So he did end up giving me someone's number but he said he was a football coach and to not hit him up until 5:30 as that is when he got off. So, I waited until then and I decided to give him a call. Turns out he did kind of sound like a coach and according to my friend he was white, which he sounded somewhat like on the phone but an older kind of white coach voice (not to stereotype, but you should be able to figure this out pretty clearly).

Anyway, he answers his phone to which he responds with saying that he is still "at football" and he will hit us up. The most ironic thing here is I actually tell my girlfriend that he sounded like an old white cop on the phone kind of, but only joking with her. We end up getting just a dub from him this time, just to ensure he won't rip us off or rob us harshly. It all went well, but the next time we order is where things get sketchy.

This time, I decide to ask him for an eighth in which case he replies with the price and a time. The next day he texts us and asks early on if we still need that. We reply yes and head over there at given time. However this is where things are starting to not add up. This time around, he texts me and says "myn*ggerfriendisgonnasegeyou real quick for me" (I am joking not, without the star). All of a sudden, a white kid that looks like he goes to the local high school comes out of the woods near the lot and serves us. It ends up being way too cheap for the quality and it almost looks like close to 4-5 grams. While never again will I do this at a parking lot near a high school, all of this is starting to not add up.

Why did he call this white kid a "n*gger?" Why did he not come to me? Why is he giving such a small amount to a middle man? Why is he making me come to the school? And last but not least, why is the quality so good but yet he price so cheap? It just smells 'bait weed' to me and I only live in a decriminalized state. Perhaps I am just being paranoid or maybe I just landed a good connection...but when they say things are too good to be true, I usually believe that statement.

2. #2 mrbuilder123, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015
    Hmm if i were u i would just fuck these people up for being shit dealers. So basically they are just really bad at dealing and should stop. The guy probably just pickups big and couldnt make it so gave some next guy an eight nip.

I would not worry about cops. You're only picking up low amounts.

3. My only theory to it being small is that he is trying to give me a good price and good stuff on as all amount to see if that would encourage me to buy more (an illegal amt).

4. Most people from were i am from pay 25$ for 3.5 grams. If you really want to know if u got a good deal post a pic of the bud for a review and get a scale. SCALES ARE NOT ILLEGAL UNLESS YOU HAVE WEED ON YOU WITH ONE (or there is weed left over on it)
    I personally would say it is not the police. they only really come searching when you start picking up quarter pound or more.
    When it comes down to drugs just use your gut. if ur mind is stuck at no do not go back then dont.

5. Just a little update - I texted him letting him know that we would prefer to do the deal at another place from now on, outside of the school. He actually responded back and said that was fine and we could do it a neighborhood outside of the school. Later on he texted me today asking if we needed any more. While it is odd he continues to be so responsive and good, perhaps he is just a really competent dealer who just actually cares about doing things right? Again, I still think this may be too good to be true. Do police informants usually set you up with small amounts first and then try to get you to keep coming back and buying more?

6. In my opinion a "police informant" isn't going to waste the time and money trying to bust some someone buying 8ths. Especially how you said it, like he is trying to bait you and give you good deals just so you buy a illegal amount. Lol that is so much time and money spent just trying to get you to buy an illegal amount. Plus you said it's decriminalized where your at, yeah I just can't see a cop going through all that trouble to bust you. Maybe if you were the dealer selling to this footbal coach, then yeah maybe. But I'm pretty sure you're good my man.

7. Pretty sure cops don't let drugs out onto the street. Which means if a informant/cop sells you some shit, your going to be arrested immediately afterwards.

8. Cops buy drugs to build cases not the other way wrong wtf is wrong with some of you kids.

9. Doubt it is a set-up, but it is NEVER wise to do a transaction near a school, especially if you live in a jurisdiction with identified drug-free zones (those usually also mean enhanced penalty ranges if there IS a prosecution for an arrest in the DFZ- I have had several cases where someone was charged simply for having come to a stop WITHIN a DFZ on a routine traffic stop).

10. Coach got weed.....Uh Oh

[​IMG]

11. Sounds like the old white guy is really paranoid about getting busted himself on school grounds, and if he is a coach then it sure as hell wouldn't look good for him. But they sound sketchy and in my opinion i'd find someone else.

12. #13 Orthanc, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2015
    I agree.

There is an odd element to all this, and like this dude said, I think it's better to try & find another source. I got out of deals where you have to meet in public a long time ago. If you can somehow, try to find someone that you can actually go to their house to pick up, or them deliver to your house.

13. Your safe with the coach seems he protecting himself as well being a popular figure in your town maybe