possibly a stupid question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by opposite, Mar 7, 2007.

1. i think i might attempt my first grow soon, thanks to all the info i got from you guys here :wave: i am going to attempt a PC case grow, and maybe attempt some sort of LST if it shoots up too much, i'm also using 3 CFL's ("daylight" spectrum, 27 watts each("100 watt equivalent of a regular bulb")) i'm going to pick up some soil with the helpful nutrient ratios you guys put up here :gc_rocks:

but i was chatting with a close friend of mine the other day, and he thinks that the general product is going to be something sorta schwaggy. he said this for 2 reasons: a) it's a soil grow, and b) it's bagseed.
    but i have seen some amazing grows from soil here, and i know it's not all about the seed, but how you raise it: so what's the general consensus, if it's a successful, small grow, i'm not estimating the amount of bud that will be produced, but what do you think the quality will be like? of course, the terms like heady and exotic and dro and mids vary from where and who you are, but what sorta buds yall think are gonna pop out?

EDIT: also, i'm probably gonna use one or two fans for intake + outtake, and blow that shit clear out the window. i figure it's gonna get warmer by the time there's a harsh smell going on so i can open the window. any other advice/comments would be great!

2. Nothing is a stupid question here. This is the beginner forum. ;)

Don't worry someone will help you soon enough. :D

3. It deffinately wont be schwaggy in the least bit. If you dont let the females get pollinated and you give it the right nutes, I guaruntee you youll end up with some pretty heady buds. Tell your friend that hydro does not make the buds anymore potent, it just allows the plant to grow quicker and less inhibited. On top of that, I have seen people grow some pretty damn good nuggets out of some pretty schwaggy shit. There are many reasons why schwag is schwag, genetics isnt the half of it.

4. What you grow it in does NOT affect the quality aslong as you provide it the proper nutirents and water. and it's all pretty much up to genetics and how u treat the plant. Was the bag it came from good?

5. Not sure which seeds I'm gonna use yet... I got one seed from a crazy heady oz a while back that I want to save for a second grow, two of my friends have a few bag seeds they would lend me. is it really that much up to genetics? i mean, of course some plants just fair better/differently in different circumstances, but if I treat the plant good won't I get good buds out of it?

Also: as I said, it's a PC grow, so can anyone reccomend the max depth I'm going to need for roots? the case in total is ~18 inches, I was thinking I'd plant 3 seeds and 1 or 2 would be female, leaving enough room in width, and I'd try to keep them about a foot tall, of course if I can I will LST so they will actually be longer than that... I am planning on vegging for a few weeks and then basically putting them on 12/12 and trying to flower them as soon as possible, any advice/foresight from you GCers?