Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Possible to test negative after five days?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by carbell, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Hi all, first post....

I've been smoking for 20 years.  First 10 years was pretty much every day.  Took about 5 years off, then started smoking again a few years ago.  Late last year I quit smoking as I was looking for a job, then started smoking again the night of my first day on the job.  So now I've been smoking basically every night for the past couple months again since starting my new job.  Problem is I now have a new job offer for a ton more money and they want to move fast.

I haven't smoked in 6 days.  I'm Asian and have super fast metabolism.  In the several months I was unemployed and not smoking (and not snacking like crazy), I lost about 25 pounds just from eating better and getting a little exercise.  When I started smoking again a few months ago and snacking, I started putting the weight back on and gained 5 pounds back.  In the 6 days since I've quit again, I've lost those 5 pounds again.  When I eat spicy foods, I start sweating within about 60 seconds of my first bite.  Like I said, super fast metabolism.  

Just took a First Check home urine test and it came out negative.  Is it really possible that I could pass a test this quickly after smoking?  Most information I've seen say it could take weeks if not months to pass a urine test based on weed consumption amounts and frequency.  I didn't necessarily smoke a ton every night.  Normally went through about an eighth or so every week for the past two months.  

Anyhow, I'm going to have to take the employer test in about a week.  Going to get one more home test in a few days to be sure, but does anyone else have experience with passing a test this quickly after quitting without any kind of diluting or other methods?   

2. It's possible.

Smoking an 8th a week isn't considered much to some standards.

3. Yeah, that's really been because I'm trying to save money. Used to go through at least a qtr every week and usually more. So it wouldn't be out of the question to test negative after six days?

4. I dunno that's super quick, I was smoking about a qtr a week for 2 years and passed a test in 11 days. But that's with plenty of water

5. You are golden.

6. Did you test your first void in the morning?

7. OK, thanks all for your opinions. Going to get some exercise and drink plenty of water for the next week until the test.

8. No, I'm going to get another test and do that.

9. Yeah - you wait 6 weeks.  You're probably going to have to do something because I doubt you can pass without dilution.

10. Getting very different responses on this. Going to get a couple more home tests and do one every morning and see.

11. Don't spend a fortune on home tests - you can get the same test kits on amazon for a buck or two each.  You sure you read the results right?  Red line means you pass.

12. There was definitely a faint pink line next to the drug indicator showing that it was negative. I'll check Amazon As I am a Prime member and get free two-day shipping. Didn't even think of that, thanks for the heads up.

13. #13 DBV, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
    Dollar tree also has tests for a buck each if there's one around you. Otherwise amazon's probably your best bet.

When I was on probation, I would be clean in 6 days, but that was only smoking about 2 grams in 2 days, stop for 5-6 days, test clean, smoke for two days, stop for 5-6 days, test clean, etc.. It's possible but it does depend on your size and physical exercise in most cases. I wasn't even that physical at the time but I've always been rather skinny and had a very fast metabolism (140 lbs.; 5'7"). Best of luck carbell.

Edit: the tests I was taking were in "drug treatment" too so they were legit lab tests. I only failed one the whole time, but that was because I went to treatment high and tried to pour someone's clean pee into the cup. Well... It wasn't enough pee so I had to top it off because they were sort of watching..

14. There is a dollar tree near me. I will give it a try later today. Thank you for the suggestion!

15. No problem man! Around here they're behind the counter so it may be a little awkward, but you just have to ask the clerk for however many you want.

16. Both stores near me were out.

17. Anyone else have thoughts on passing this quickly?

18. Drink lots of water and exercise. That's your best option

19. Got the test strips from amazon. Failed.

20. so i was able to pass a home drug test in 5 days with constant exercise and water/cranberry juice. im a fit asian as well.
    but anyway are you sure it's an urine test? modern day drug tests for companies around my area (NYC) dont do urine tests anymore. instead they have this saliva swab which you can easily pass with simple mouthwash and brushing your teeth.
    actually it depends on how many employees there are; the more employees, the more the company has to pay to screen everyone. just wanted to throw that out there in case you come across a swab