Possible to re-cure your buds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lokei360, Jun 2, 2017.

1. I recently picked up a few oz's of bud from a buddy of mine for a really good deal. Its real stoney but it just doesnt smell or taste up to par if you know what I mean? Kind of smells like hay. I was wondering if its possible to cure it more at this stage and improve the taste and smell or would it be best to turn into bubble hash? Thanks

20170601_224521.jpg
    20170601_223756.jpg

2. Are they dry, wet or or between? In my experience hay smell means not cured enough.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. I would say in between. The stems break but not all the way with one snap u gotta snap it then pull apart

4. Needs to be jarred, open lid. They still contain quite a bit of chlorophyll

• Like Like x 1
  5. So just leave it in the glass mason jar up in my closet for a few weeks and it will get better?

6. Some people put silica packs in to absorb the moisture and stop it from molding
    It looks pretty packed make sure it's loose. And every day open it and mix them around to get an even cure. Don't leave the lids on fully

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 MickFoster, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    They probably weren't cured to begin with. I would divide it up and put it in 2 jars instead of one - seal it up - put it in a dark place - and check on it daily. Stick a hygrometer in the jars if you have one - I like mine at around 65% - the cure zone is 62% - 65% - when it reaches that you can close them up without worry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Silica packs only absorb moisture? You want something that gives and takes moisture to keep it a constant 62%. Boveda packs or the like work.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Or whatever % you prefer lol.

10. Leave in jars loosely

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

11. In my experience curing is a one shot deal,
    A lot of folks say that if it gets to dry , you can throw a couple fresh picked cannabis leaves or buds into the jar and re-moisten it.
    I've tried it, didn't really work,
    I prefer to put my buds in the jar a little on the moister side, rather than letting them dry out to much.
    Seems in your case , the buds may have a little moisture left in them, jar em, 75% full, seal em tight, check daily, boveda 62's are nice but some say they absorb a good amount of terps , I don't know

(€};-]
    Boom4200 winter grow journal

Boom4200 winter spring grow journal