Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Possible to infuse almond milk with marijuana?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Mikkos, Nov 3, 2015.

1. I want to make some drunk that requires me to mix some almonds with water and use the almond milk after straining. I know that I need to decarb the herb beforehand but I was wondering if after decarbing I can infuse that into the almond milk.

Thanks!!!

2. A lot depends on the fat content of the almond milk. If there is a high enough fat content is should be possible.

3. There is zero saturated fat in almond milk. Without that it is worthless as an extractor for cannabis. You may get some effect from the water soluble compounds but nothing from the cannabinoids. Sorry. [​IMG]

4. Damn. I was hoping since almonds have some fat if I were to blend them with water it'd work. Even if I decarb the herb beforehand?

I'm trying to make this drink that calls for it but I guess I'll use milk instead. The thc will stick better to that correct?

5. Unfortunately, the fat in the almonds isn't the right kind. It's healthier because it's not saturated fat but is terrible for extracting cannabinoids. You could add butter or an oil like virgin coconut to your almonds while brewing but I don't know how that would affect the consistency of your drink. Another factor will be the length of time you heated it, the longer the better. Even whole milk only has 3% fat and it's heat sensitive.

If you want it as a drink like milk, I think I would do the almond milk but with coconut oil added to it. It will give you an almond/coconut flavor but it will hold more cannabinoids and you can heat it hotter and longer. A lot of people add oil or butter when making cannabis tea and this is a similar situation. You could make it like a yogurt or kefir by adding some whey to emulsify it and the the oil won't separate out as well. Milk will work but you have to be careful not to overheat it.

You definitely want to decarb no matter what you do.

Good luck.

6. Awesome insight bro! Thanks!!!

One more question sorry! Say I have a cup of almond milk how much coconut oil would you recommend?

7. That would really depend on how much material you're using and how many servings you want to get from it. Keep in mind that the more material you use, the more of your cup of almond milk will be retained. If it's only a few grams that won't take a lot of potency since there is water, too, but it will reduce your final volume.

I'd use 2 tablespoons, 1 fluid ounce, of virgin or extra virgin coconut oil, not the refined for cooking, for that cup of almond milk and let it boil for a couple of hours if you can, adding water as it evaporates to keep your volume. All of your cannabinoids are going to be in that oil so the longer you can extract, the better it will be.

Also, please be advised that unless you're a new recruit, this is not going to be strong enough to allow you to talk to Jesus more than likely but it may not be too bad. A lot of variables. I've made and enjoyed cannabis tea and milk on numerous occasions and liked it all. I find that trim or shake work well instead of sacrificing bud, if you have it. I use a mesh tea ball for mine so that I don't have to strain it. [​IMG]

8. heres what i do:

I make a hot chocolate with almond or coconut milk.

Infuse ur bud into coconut oil in a crockpot on low for 6-8 hours after its been decarboxylated in the oven for 30 mins at 100c.

Once ready, strain the bud out of the oil. Warm up a cup of almond milk or coconut milk on the stove.

Put the warmed up milk into a blender with a teaspoon of soy lecithin. Put a teaspoon of cocoa powder or chunks of chocolate (the hot milk will help melt it down when blending).

Blend ingredients together (not too high of a setting or ur hot choc will fly everywhere). While they are blending, remove the blender lid and slowly pour in the dose of oil you want. (Im a veteran so i pour in the whole batch - 5+grams of bud - but be warned, ive had FRIGHTENING experiences eating large amounts on a low tolerance, so be sure you know what dose is good for you)

Thats it! Once all blended pour it into a mug! Medicated Hot Chocolate!