Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Possible to get high first time?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Rhetoric, Apr 20, 2012.

1. What up guys, idk if you saw my previous post..but im smoking for the first time tomorrow. Never smoked anything before, haha of course its on 420. Anyways, my second question is..can you get high the first time? I hear many contradictions from people...if i do enough..ill get high won't i? The details are ill be smoking from a joint with Sour Diesel my friend said its called. I really want to get the high and not simply suffer the consequences of an irritated throat.. give me a truthful answer backed up by personal experience. Peace

2. I smoked for the first time just 2 weeks ago actually. I picked up a gram and probably only smoked like .1 maybe .2 and I was RIPPED. Just make sure you inhale and get the smoke down in your lungs. It'll make that irritated throat all worth it :D

Have fun!

3. I got blazed as fuck off schwag my first time.

4. Yes you can get high the first time you smoke. I think when people report that they DIDN'T get high is because they aren't inhaling properly. Pulling smoke into your mouth like you would a cigar doesn't cut it, it has to enter your lungs.

To be sure you are doing it right, inhale the smoke with about 1/2 to 3/4 your lung capacity, then stop and inhale normal air. You won't mess up if you do that.

And don't overdo it the first time. Splitting a joint with your friend should be plenty good. Just take it slow and see how you feel, or you might green out. Sounds obvious but it happens and will ruin your experience.

5. First time I was pretty nervous and my friend had to help me because I hadnt ever smoked anything, so I didn't really get high but a few months later I took a few good rips and got probably the 1st or 2nd highest I've ever been. You just gotta know how to draw the smoke in and get it down into your lungs

6. i got high my first time. such a fun day

7. I got high my first time. I just didn't get as high, and I didn't really know what being high was yet, so the subtleties may have been initially lost on me.

8. Make sure after you breath in the smoke to breath in more air. It forces the smoke into your lungs instead of staying in your throat. And if you don't feel anything, tell your friend you want to smoke more.

9. I got high my first time. Just breath in the hit, and I always breath a gulp of fresh air to help it get into my lungs, hold, exhale.

10. The one reason people don't get high the first time is that they don't inhale right. End of story.

Joints are usually newbie-friendly; you inhale in such a way that you're likely to get smoke into your lungs regardless of whether you really inhale right. So that's good news.

Just to make sure, once you take a pull, inhale fresh air on top of that to force the smoke into your lungs

11. of course it is, my first time i went through 5 or 6 blunts through the 4 of us that were there, i was fucked up lol, in love ever since

12. I got very, very high the first time.

So yes.

13. I got high as hell my first time. Can't speak for everyone, but I think the whole "not getting high the first time" has developed into a bit of a myth :smoke:

14. It is VERY possible. In fact, I got fucking baked my first time, but then again it was blueberry kush from a dispensary out of a steamroller :D. Anyway, a good way to make sure u inhale correctly is take a hit using 75% of your breath and take ur mouth off the joint/piece etc. and inhale some fresh air on the same breath. Hold for 2-3 seconds, exhale, drink water if needed :D happy tokin!

15. I got high the first time, but before that I smoked quite a bit of either cigs or swishers, whichever people had, so inhaling was normal for me. Then I got weed, and quit both of those, been a great relationship ever since <3

16. Most 1st timers usually don't inhale properly, which is why they don't get high. I'm pretty sure that if you hold your hit for like 3 seconds each time for your first time, you'll be gone.

17. I didn't get high my first time, and the second time I did. However, I inhaled no differently the second time.

18. I got STONED the first time, have fun!

19. Take down .1 grams in one hit... wait 10 minutes and repeat as necessary.

20. my first time I was 12 and at my buddies house and we only had about a third of a gram we each took a couple of hits from a lung his dad had, when we got up to leave holy fuck in the hallway did it hit me I could barely stand I just dropped to my knees and started laughing .
    but yea for sure its possible