Possible to gain muscle without any equipment?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by DutchX5, Oct 11, 2010.

1. edit: Wow, nevermind lollll I am half-asleep...

2. i already have noticeable bigger arms and chest after only working out for a couple weeks all i have done is push ups

thinking about getting a gym pass so i can develop these babies into something to be impressed about

so yes you can get a bigger muscles if you have no equipment you can do you pull ups, sit ups, push ups and and many other exercises

Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site. = Grasscity of bodybuilding imo

3. #23 Paleo Edibles, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
    i know what it is, but richard simmons wttff?

i was a reg at bb.com years ago. just dont buy all those supps, buy bud. theyre unnecessary on a bodybuilder paleo diet.

4. P90X won't get you some huge muscles. It gets you a nice athletic body. It just depends on what you want man. If you want to be cut, go running and eat low calories and cut out simple carbs (sugars). If you want to to be bigger / bulkier than your average highschool / early college athlete most people Bulk then Cut.

Basically that means eating a lot of "clean" foods to have excess calories / carbs / protein. They also tend to drink the protein shakes, multivitamins, creatine, nitric oxcide, etc, etc however none of which is needed except protein shakes do make it easier. This makes building muscles easier but because of the excess you'll get a good bit of fat too.

Then they "cut". Which is cutting calories, simple carbs, etc, etc and doing a lot more cardio. There's a lot that goes into it but it's also pretty simple. Do your research. I doubt you want to get huge so resitance bands will work fine with P90X.

5. #25 Paleo Edibles, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
    most people Bulk then Cut.

this. you cant gain muscle while losing fat its anatomically impossible. bulk cycle, cut cycle, then bulk again, but always clean bulk(low carb).

bulk = excess caloriee of 500-800. most calories obviously from sat fat, then protien.

cut = defeciet in calories from your daily expenditure no more then 400-500 calories. too much cut and youll lose all the muscle you bulked for.

every time you cut youll lose some muscle. minimise this by eating highfat meats, lowcarb and lifting AND resting hard. likewise, when you bulk youll always gain fat. less carbs during bulk, less insulin, less fat deposit.

theres a bb saying. eat like a lion, lift like a lion, sleep like a lion. i suggest high fat(50%), adequate (35% if youre lifting), low carb(15%). like your ancestors. i lost 100lbs doing this good luck, feel free to pm.

6. I've never heard of cutting complex carbs in a bulk...that's a lot of energy that you're not taking advantage of. Cut simple carbs. There's a lot of different bulk / cut regimes but basically bulk = eat a lot just keep it healthy / natural. Cut = eat less and do cardio

7. my friend you have to get kcal somewhere, and we historically always(before 10,000 years ago "agriculture") got those cals from fat! cut complex carbs indefinetely, replace with lipids that are saturated/monounsat. i edited my prev post too btw.

8. Check Craigslist or yard sales for for a cheap weight set to get started. I bet you could find some for 20 bucks or less, maybe even for free.

9. dude you wanna gain weight without equipment well fuck how did they do it back in the day when there was no equipment?

Go to the beach and flll up a sack with sand. If you don't have sand in your area use dirt. Put it in a bunch of old pillow sacks thats what I do. Pick the bag up, put it over your head and walk. When you get tired hold it with your forearms down. Don't give up and keep walking till your back and every other muscle you're using screams quit. Winning is a part of working out you should be well aware of. Set a goal for how many reps you will do and hit it, everytime.

Find a park with a set of monkey bars. Do chin ups. When you can do 50 chin ups you'll have gained substantial muscle.

Push ups/Sit ups Work these into your routine at the park.

Core: Plank Stand/Sit Ups/Crunches/Burpees

Legs: Run and Run and Run then Run up hills. Do hill sprints, find a really big hill and sprint up it in intervals. Make sure you puke once or your probably a quitter.

If you were to do all of these exercises as well as eat 4-6 healthy balanced meals per day you are on your way to gaining weight.

10. yea man do 100 pushups a night and 200 situps a day and you'll be swollen the fuck up in less than a month. that plus creatine powder and you'll look like mr. T

11. Yea it's very possible! I lift everyday without weights. 12 ounce budweiser curls everynight!