Possible to change the time of dark period, doing flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheQuibbler, Apr 25, 2018.

1. #1 TheQuibbler, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Hi

First grow, and I made a small mistake that could result in heat problems.

When I had to flip to 12/12, I choose to start the lights at 11am. I wanted to be able to check on them when I wake up (at 11am). I don't have an AC, so I have been venting cold air from outside.

On a few hot days (20C), I saw my grow space reach a temperature of 28C, for an hour or two. This is only going to get worse, with summer soon here.

This could be easily fixed, if I could flip the dark period, so the lights turned on at 11pm instead.

Is it possible to change when the lights turn on and off, by small increments?, maybe half an hour ever few days.
    Or should I just let it grow to the end, with the temperature reaching 28-29C (or more?) doing mid day.

I am 4 weeks into flower.

Attached Files:

2. I wouldn't Make that big of a change in the middle of flower but that's just me someone else may say different

3. Iv never done it personally. Could you try turning your lights off a hour later each day while keeping it 12/12

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. I switched my light cycle by 3 hours but it was only day 2 of 12/12

5. Just change ur schedule one day of change wont hury. Looks nice

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I agree with papa just make the big change 24hrs of darkness if done once won't harm her

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Too much dark is what you want to do. Just don't make the mistake of leaving the light on instead to change the light cycle and you'll be fine. Give them a full 18hrs of dark one day or whatever you want to change it to. They'll be fine. Many people do extended dark periods a few times during flower at flip and harvest.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. you can do 36 hours of dark . then do your 12/12 new time. for 100 % your going to be good . some people do just 24. i like to wait a bit longer . its a matter of opinion. i like to be 100 percent sure .

9. do the change at 10.30 a.m., before the light comes on change it to come on at 11 p.m.,
    i have done this and it did not effect the plants at all.!
    they will have 24 hrs of rest, minus the time it takes you to set the timer.! lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ok, thanks for the information.

Would it matter when I did this flip? Is now better than later?

The forecast for the next 10 days show no temperature over 15C.

11. when I did this they were about 3 weeks into flower with 7 wks to go,
    I don't know if they would react different later on or not,
    they would probably be fine anytime you did the change.!!

you do not want the temps to get over 30 at canopy level,
    but they will survive temps up to 35.

watch your plants they will tell you if it is too hot,
    look for leaves at the tops folding, like a crunchy taco, and the hairs browning on the tops and no where else.!!