Possible taproot desiccation, please advise

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Monte_Cristo, Jan 29, 2014.

1. So i accidentlly let a seed that had craked slightly dry out. It was only dry for a few hours while I was asleep.

The section of taproot that was exposed is still a healthy white color and has not turned brown, does this mean that it is still alive and well?

Will a dead, non viable tap root still be white and healthy looking or will it shrivel up and get brown?

2. I have neve been able to revive one of these, but you might as well try.

3. Here is a picture of the seed. Does the tap root look like it's still alive? 1391005915729.jpg Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. The exposed section of taproot definitely appears to have swelled since having water reintroduced. .. that's good right? I would definitely appreciate any input to help put me at ease :)Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. That thing isn't even out of the shell.  Only one way to find out, but I wouldn't worry if it was just a few hours.

6. I wouldn't worry about it...it should be fine! I did it to a few beans, but once water was re-applied and kept wet, they sprouted fine and the plants are all in pre-flower! Good luck! Nerves get the best of us noobs!  :hippie:

7. Cool thanks

Dude you are so right about nerves.......

8. Ya, thats all set.  I was picturing a 3 inch taproot all dry and brown haha.. Good luck buddy.